Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ive owned my 300c wagon (estate) for 6 years and have pretty much had to deal with any type of problem thats possible haha...my mechanic and myself have spent so much time on this latest problem im going to simply explain the symptoms as they have been covered multiple times on here and there seems to be so many answers for the same symptom its madness its like the bloody thing is posessed ! Had it parked up for 4 months over winter with the battery out...battery back in and took a very long time to start...then the troubles begin...starts (sometimes) then cuts out after 2-3 seconds (sometimes) when running its all fine and then ABS and PAS lights come on (sometimes) then the red light starts flashing (sometimes) ...im basically looking for a recomendation for someone else to take a look ...apparently theres a guy in Edmonton or Enfield north london that knows his stuff ....any help is massively apreciated...thanks in advance Jason 07768984801

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't know anything about diesels, but I don't think I'd recommend pulling the battery out of an LX Charger or 300 for winter storage. If you can't put a battery maintainer on it, I would suggest pulling the IOD fuse instead. That's what it's there for.

I wonder if you might be looking at an anti-theft problem. If there's any possibility of putting an advanced scantool like AlfaOBD or DiagFCA on it, that's what I would suggest.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,500 Posts
Agree with CtCarl not a good idea to take battery out of our cars, I keep mine alive using a CTEK float charger. A few questions (can't help with the guy in Enfield/Edmonton, sorry)

Assuming your mechanic has already put a decent scan tool on it - if so what codes are you seeing, if not then that definitely needs to happen.

There's a thread on the forum here around the alarm battery going bad.

Also:
1. Have you checked the usual issue of the wiring across the top of the engine? Link
2. Have you had your battery and alternator checked. A low battery would cause some of the symptoms you're describing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whether or not you have tried this already - as others have mentioned, a partially flat battery may cause these symptoms. You can also try disconnecting the battery and leaving for and hour or 2 (over night would be ideal) and reconnect the battery - connecting the Negative Side first. Sounds simple but it dose work on some vehicles with similar problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice Got new battery coming so back on it Monday...considering all my recent problems started after reinstalling battery fingers crossed its as simple as that...Richard has had scantool on it and just about everything electrical apart and checked out after much research online (mainly here) and all looks ok no water ingression or dirty terminals ...This car is such a Love Hate relationship but i gotta stick with it after 6 years its remapped and has the tranzformer upgrade and actually handles my abusive driving style....Oh yeah 0-60 in 6.3 seconds in the cold ....running 20's pretty decent for a wagon ... Thanks again for the advece and interest hopefully I can get back to chewing through suspension parts on my daily run to work n back...cheers Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agree with CtCarl not a good idea to take battery out of our cars, I keep mine alive using a CTEK float charger. A few questions (can't help with the guy in Enfield/Edmonton, sorry)

Assuming your mechanic has already put a decent scan tool on it - if so what codes are you seeing, if not then that definitely needs to happen.

There's a thread on the forum here around the alarm battery going bad.

Also:
1. Have you checked the usual issue of the wiring across the top of the engine? Link
2. Have you had your battery and alternator checked. A low battery would cause some of the symptoms you're describing
Hi I origianally took the battery out at the start of the second lockdown (because I wasnt using it) done the recon mode function thing funnily enough with my CTEK charger...showed good and had loads of charge when I went to try start car I mean loads of cranking really surprised me....now its showing 12.1 now so its well off......new battery coming monday...start again ...thankf for your advive

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sure enough, you have an anti-theft problem, judging by the SKIM codes.

Most of the rest are communications errors. These may have been related to removing the battery. So, don't do that. Also, check all your module connectors and your chassis grounds...one dirty, loose or corroded connection is all it takes to cause all manner of problems. Once you have the communications codes resolved, the SKIM errors may resolve themselves, otherwise, you'll need to troubleshoot that issue as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure enough, you have an anti-theft problem, judging by the SKIM codes.

Most of the rest are communications errors. These may have been related to removing the battery. So, don't do that. Also, check all your module connectors and your chassis grounds...one dirty, loose or corroded connection is all it takes to cause all manner of problems. Once you have the communications codes resolved, the SKIM errors may resolve themselves, otherwise, you'll need to troubleshoot that issue as well.
Thanks CtCarl I really appreciate your help will let you know how we get on ....Cheers Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts