Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving along some uneven interstate, the yellow light came on in the lower right driver's side warning light area. The picture is that of a car swerving. I was concerned, called the dealer but he didn't know anything about it. The manual says very little.
Anyway, when I stopped later and re-started the car, the light was not there.
It had been solid on, not blinking.
Can anyone tell me what this means?

·
Registered
195 Posts
While driving along some uneven interstate, the yellow light came on in the lower right driver's side warning light area. The picture is that of a car swerving. I was concerned, called the dealer but he didn't know anything about it. The manual says very little.
Anyway, when I stopped later and re-started the car, the light was not there.
It had been solid on, not blinking.
Can anyone tell me what this means?
This is normal You state uneven road conditions, this is why it activated. The tire lost contact with the road over a bump ,Esp kicks in ,light comes on ,car slightly decellerates , ALL NORMAL over rough roads and part of esp saftey to regain control of the car if you were in a skid.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
^^^^agree with him

·
Registered
633 Posts
^^^^ agree with him too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guessed correctly as to why it came on, I just wondered why it stayed on for a long time until I stopped for gas, turned the car off and re-started, at which time the light stayed off.
Thanks

This is normal You state uneven road conditions, this is why it activated. The tire lost contact with the road over a bump ,Esp kicks in ,light comes on ,car slightly decellerates , ALL NORMAL over rough roads and part of esp saftey to regain control of the car if you were in a skid.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sounds like you need to get a Diablo tuner, disable the esp through there and never have to worry about it again. Plus you'll have a permenant grin from your new found power, firmer shifts and a whole lot more...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think it should have reset itself before you stopped if you hit a flat patch of road. They sometimes act goofy and can only be reset by turning the ignition off and on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts