Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

2007 3 litre CRD, 117k miles.

I have owned my Chrysler 300C exactly one year today and absolutely love the car, despite having had a few issues.

Soon after I bought the car, I had the red light bolt and limp mode, which I fixed by fitting the swirl emulator.

All fine since then, until today when the car took 7 or 8 attempts to start the engine, having been left undriven for about 2 weeks. Eventually the car started and so I restarted a number of times and all was fine......thinking possible glow plug issue?

10 miles down the road and the red lightning bolt came on and went into limp mode. Drove another 10 miles to my destination. Stopped the car, then restarted a couple of times and the lightning bolt light went off. Drove home later with no further issues.

So I am a bit nervous now that the same thing may happen again. I guess first thing is to get any codes. Can anyone suggest a cheap code reader for this?
Any other thoughts as to what could cause the light to come on then disappear?

Just wondering if the difficulty starting or possibly the rain and very wet roads could be responsible.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply DGO.

I am in Hampshire but would be happy to travel to get any help!

I will give the car another run today to see if the light comes on again, but am assuming that it will come back at some point.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Unfortunately the keydance doesn't work with CRDs so you have to get access to a code reader

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply.

Can you recommend a cheap scanner? Looked on eBay and not always clear if they are suitable for a 300 CRD.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
A number of members on here use:
  • Torque pro which is an app for your phone (Android) which needs a ABD2 bluetooth adaptor. There's a useful site here: Link
  • DiagFCA. See here: Link that uses your PC plus a cable ODB2 adaptor
Search those on the forum here to see get advice on them

·
Registered
522 Posts
DiagFCA gets my vote - it's picky about the OBD2 adapter you use, but search the forums and you'll find the specific Bluetooth adapter recommended. Much better than Torque as it allows you to probe the various modules, such as airbag/abs etc that Torque won't do. Cost is around 30 quid plus a tenner for the adapter, same price as it would cost to get a code read at a local garage :)

JD

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate you taking the time.

I actually went ahead a couple of days ago and ordered from eBay a Torque ELM327 Bluetooth adaptor.....only a few quid and realise now it may not be great but hopefully it may give me some basic info, most importantly at the moment, why the ETC light came on and went off by itself.

If it doesn't help me, I will look at the other options as above.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts