Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, had a strange occurance this morning, after a short run about :scared:1 mile, parked up and the car stalled. Restarted and the ETC light flashed on for the entire journey home, plus the orange Malfunction Indicator Light. 10 minutes later was out again and car started fine and ETC light stays off. However Engine Malfunction Light stays on. Is there anway to do a reset

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only code coming up is for TPMS which I know about, strange thing just ben on a blast up motorway to see if Throttle light came on again and he Engine Managemnet Light is now off and Throttle ligth also out car ran fine, throttle reeading in secret menu registering as I would expect. Ha Ho one of lifes mysteies

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I don't want to temp fate, but think you are likely to get further problems. It appears your code reader may not be capable of reading the code generated.

Time will tell ?
Hope it doesn't crop up again though.

Jack

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jack, hasn't cropped up again, but the old girl is having the DRLs fitted tomorrow, so having my guy strip down ETC and give it a good clean

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what my machnic says the butterfly can get mucky with crude from the pipes, he thinks that this may be causing it to stick, for what it cost it is worth a try

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,734 Posts
I think he's talking about the swirl flaps which are controlled by the dreaded swirl motor. Failure of this system could certainly bring up the ETC lamp.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers, stange that it only occured for about 5 minutes ,

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,734 Posts
Stripping down anything to do with swirl flaps sounds like a major job. If it's just the swirl motor on its way out then the resistor emulator may be the cheapest solution, unless the flaps have stuck in the wrong position.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know the correct wiring for the resitor

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Could poss be the swirl motor but there will be an error code stored that would confirm or disprove it. Just a case of getting access to a reader capable of reading the codes.

jack

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so it all went pear shaped on way home from station ( you were right Jack ) car cut out at least 4 times twice on M25. Managed to get home but it didn't go into limp mode, just drove normally for a couple of miles on then stalled. Managed to borrow a code reader, but my machanic didn't tell me where to plug it into can anyone tell me, and is there a thread with details of error codes anywhere on the forum. Going to machanic tomorrow so with any luck he will sort it

Thanks all

·
Registered
682 Posts
The port for connecting a code reader is underneath the plastic trim which covers the steering column, sort of midway between the steering wheel and pedals, feels like an old scart plug socket on a a tv

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers found it

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Outlaw, mine started doing on tickover first symptons seem to be swirl motor will know more when I can find a list of error codes, I know they are on the forum somewhere

Reactions: outlaw2312

·
Registered
687 Posts
The newer code readers will describe the fault as well as display the code. If the one you are using only displays a code, just google it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts