Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how the washers on the front xenon headlights work, are they supposed to spray water on the lights. i cant figure it out or is it there just for the look..
:) :banana: :wave:
Thank You
David

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
doodie300c said:
does anyone know how the washers on the front xenon headlights work, are they supposed to spray water on the lights. i cant figure it out or is it there just for the look..
:) :banana: :wave:
Thank You
David
There's a setting you can make to have them come on when the wipers do.

Rambit

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
doodie300c said:
how do you do that i wanna try it out? :silly:
Howdy Doodie!

To check it out, it is a 2 person operation.

1. First have a friend sit in the car, ready to activate the windshield washers.
  2. You go to the front of the car, on the driver's side.
  3. Face the car. Now bend way down until your face is about 12" to 6" away from the light washer nozzles.
  4. Hold that position.
  5. With your right hand, signal your friend to activate the windshield washers 3 times in sequence, holding each squirt for about 3 seconds.
  6. Report your findings back to the forum.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Howdy Doodie!

To check it out, it is a 2 person operation.

1. First have a friend sit in the car, ready to activate the windshield washers.
  3. Face the car. Now bend way down until your face is about 12" to 6" away from the light washer nozzles.
  4. Hold that position.
  5. With your right hand, signal your friend to activate the windshield washers 3 times in sequence, holding each squirt for about 3 seconds.
Please wear googles :raincloud :thinking: :lmao:

·
Registered
18 Posts
  4. Hold that position.
[/QUOTE]

Watch it NR! That's plagiarizing! :biggrin: :banana:

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Funny, but when I first got my car I was outside a store where I could see the reflection of my headlights in their door. I decided I would try out the washers as I had never seen them work. When I tried I didn't see any water- great- so I thought they were broken. After reading a previous post about this very thing I learned that it activated every three sprays. DUH! :biggrin: Another learning experience from this board. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Does ANYBODY read their owner's manual?

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Does ANYBODY read their owner's manual?"

Are we or are we not MEN! :)

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
I always read my manuals

The manual (page 105) says to use the headlight washers you have to turn the headlights ON and press in on the windshield washer control knob while the engine is running. This will operate the windshield washers and direct a timed high pressure spray onto the headlight lens. It goes on to say the headlamp washers will operate on the first spray of the windshield washers, then every fourth spray of the windshield washers after that.

Rambit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts