Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alexey at AlfaOBD got me straightened out.
I'm using the pc version and it turns out that OBDLink opens 2 Com ports, RX and TX. I just had the wrong one.

I've selected "vehicle is an SRT" and "enable performance pages". THe instrument cluster font has changed and the SRT logo comes up on startup. I also now have performance options on the cluster display.
The touchscreen now has a Drive Modes app, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The only options there are launch control (haven't tried it yet), and drive mode setup which doesn't seem to do anything.
I guess it being an AWD and v6 it doesn't have the right stuff to fully enable it. Looks cool though.
What year is your car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did finally get drive modes to work and we think launch control works, but not willing to try it for real until the snow melts.
You have to do a "factory reset" of the touchscreen. I'll have to try to find the exact instructions again, but you do it from an engineering menu that you reach by touching two corners at once. Some say only do it when you're finished changing stuff, I did it after each change.
Also, it took a couple of days before it all started working right. Seems like it takes a while for changes to propagate through the system.
If I get a chance, I'll post the list of what I have enabled/disabled. There were some things that seemed to fisable others and it took a lot of trial and error to get the right combo.
Wish I could get the hellcat logo to come up as some have done, but it works so I guess I take what I can get.
Oh, and the "sport" button no longer works but we have the same functionality through drive modes.

What year is your car?
What did you have to set to get the drive Modes to work?
I have drive modes menu available now, but nothing works! What can you change in driver modes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its a 2015 300S AWD.
In drive modes I can adjust steering and transmission to street,sport, and track.
When I tried to enable "engine drive modes" alfaobd showed a message that it can't be enabled through active diagnostics.
I will say that the engine has a very different sound in sport and track vs street mode.
To make them work, you have to do the factory reset deal where you touch 2 corners at once. Can't recall exactly which, I'll have to try to look it up again.
After you do the reset, you still have to give it some time to fully enable everything. It's kind of cool actually. Ovrr the course of a couple of days, everytime we drove it there was something new that had been enabled.
Wish I could figure out how to get the hellcat logo to show though.
The SRT logo is cool too though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its a 2015 300S AWD.

Wish I could figure out how to get the hellcat logo to show though.
The SRT logo is cool too though.
Did you try changing the vehicle to a Dodge?

So what did you do to enable driver modes. I toggled on the "super track pack" option to get them to display

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 2017 AWD, Was able to enable SRT and performance pages with my AlfaOBD app but it seems to have disabled the sport mode function from the button next to the volume knob. The flag no longer appears in the instrument panel. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my 2017 AWD, Was able to enable SRT and performance pages with my AlfaOBD app but it seems to have disabled the sport mode function from the button next to the volume knob. The flag no longer appears in the instrument panel. Anyone else experience this?
Known issue.... The reason why is when you enable SRT in the uconnect it kills the sport button because the SRT did not have a sport button so it can not recognize something that it does not have. If you only have the in the cluster it will work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Known issue.... The reason why is when you enable SRT in the uconnect it kills the sport button because the SRT did not have a sport button so it can not recognize something that it does not have. If you only have the in the cluster it will work
So essentially, with SRT and performance pages now enabled, the sport option is always on?

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not making these changes will be detectable by the dealership and consequently void your warranty, much in the same way that a Diablo tune will potentially void your warranty?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not making these changes will be detectable by the dealership and consequently void your warranty, much in the same way that a Diablo tune will potentially void your warranty?

I would say it would be hard for them to void the warranty because the "code" is actually already there. In a tune they are changing the code/

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I would say it would be hard for them to void the warranty because the "code" is actually already there. In a tune they are changing the code/
Look, I'm not trying to bring you down but you are tampering with and altering the factory configuration of your vehicle. I would think that this is more than enough reason for them to void a warranty if they wanted to. These changes could quite possibly be detected by the dealership. Hey, I get it. I have owned 2 Chrysler 300s and a Dodge Charger SRT which I ran Diablo tunes on, but I knew going in that if I ever needed a major repair FCA would run a scan, detect that their software had been altered, and void my warranty. Even if I changed back to a stock tune the changes could still be detected. It was a risk that I was fully aware of going in and chose to accept. I don't know whether the changes that you are making can be detected or not, but if I were you I would want to know definitively if I was putting my warranty at risk. I also think that anyone reading this thread and considering making any changes to the software or settings of their vehicle should be fully aware of the potential risk that they are taking. Just saying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Warranties aren't generally voided altogether. A decision is made bases on the circumstances as to whether or not a particular repair is covered. Modifying a vehicle doesn't automatically void a warranty. OEs will not deny a warranty for a covered item if the modification was not a cause of the failure. Example, they are not going to be denying a warranty for your failed radio just because you added an exhaust system. There are cases where it may be less clear, but I'm simply illustrating that there needs to be causation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look, I'm not trying to bring you down but you are tampering with and altering the factory configuration of your vehicle. I would think that this is more than enough reason for them to void a warranty if they wanted to. These changes could quite possibly be detected by the dealership. Hey, I get it. I have owned 2 Chrysler 300s and a Dodge Charger SRT which I ran Diablo tunes on, but I knew going in that if I ever needed a major repair FCA would run a scan, detect that their software had been altered, and void my warranty. Even if I changed back to a stock tune the changes could still be detected. It was a risk that I was fully aware of going in and chose to accept. I don't know whether the changes that you are making can be detected or not, but if I were you I would want to know definitively if I was putting my warranty at risk. I also think that anyone reading this thread and considering making any changes to the software or settings of their vehicle should be fully aware of the potential risk that they are taking. Just saying.
The Key difference is when you due a tune you are changing OEM code and change OEM designed parameters. With Alfaobd you are changing options which have no effect on OEM designed system parameters, they are in effect oem code just enabled or disabled

For example in the past the Foglight kit was available as a dealer installed option......The dealer would enable it in the BCM. A dealer has no way of changing the tune in the car unless the OEM does a flash update.

In the end we can just agree to disagree. I have never heard of a factory warranty being voided by BCM option changes. I have heard of numerous warranties being voided by "tunes"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Maybe some body knows is it possible or maybe somebody can check before i buy obd and alfa. I have lancia thema 2012 crd, all exterior and interior badges i changed for chrysler. Only what i cant change, its splash badge of lancia in evic and uconnect when i start car. Or somebody know how is it possible to do. If srt menu is installed also in lancia so i think all the badge settings chrysler, lancia, srt are also there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi. Maybe some body knows is it possible or maybe somebody can check before i buy obd and alfa. I have lancia thema 2012 crd, all exterior and interior badges i changed for chrysler. Only what i cant change, its splash badge of lancia in evic and uconnect when i start car. Or somebody know how is it possible to do. If srt menu is installed also in lancia so i think all the badge settings chrysler, lancia, srt are also there.
AlfaOBD software should let you select the Chrysler theme for both EVIC and Uconnect. I saw several options for both in the software when customizing my 300C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
  • Hey guys! Bumping an old thread but I've got a 2014 300s and all I did was enable performance pages + vehicle is srt and since I'm stuck in awd! Anyone have any idea how to turn it back on with traction control awd & rwd with the button? Thought I made a backup but screwed up and uploaded blank files! Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
In case anyone has this is the fix is to enable the tscm, srt turns off traction. Control module leaving the car in awd, you shouldn't need to choose vehicle is srt. I disabled it and left pages on and they are still there.
I also tried drl config on the fog lights but it don't work, it does on the turn signals but I want the headlight leds on with the drls anybody know how to do that?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2014 JV with AWD, updated the pages using a cheap scan tool and the app, but never had the AWD get stuck in the on position. Are you sure it is stuck? I've had the AWD come on at times when it didn't seem necessary at all, but it eventually shuts off.

FWIW, if you inevitably have to visit the dealer to fix this and still have a warranty, don't sweat having the pages enabled. My radio went tits up and when they replaced it under warranty, the SRT pages were still there. So they not only saw that I had them activated, they went ahead and re-activated them on my new head unit. Definitely not a problem, warranty wise.

One thing I have never been able to do is to get the dash panel display to show SRT as in the photos. Tried all kinds of combos with the app, to no avail.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts