Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was definitely stuck in awd, soon as I enabled tcsm or similar name and put it in gear it immediately went back in 2 wheel. It also screwed my Paddle shifters up, they would hang in gear and drop back to drive and only goto gear 5 if I got it that far. Scanning back through settings Paddle shifters was no longer set to anything so I turned them back on but haven't tested them. My performance pages are working fine now without vehicle set to srt. Out of town but I'll play more when I get back.
I have a 2014 JV with AWD, updated the pages using a cheap scan tool and the app, but never had the AWD get stuck in the on position. Are you sure it is stuck? I've had the AWD come on at times when it didn't seem necessary at all, but it eventually shuts off.

FWIW, if you inevitably have to visit the dealer to fix this and still have a warranty, don't sweat having the pages enabled. My radio went tits up and when they replaced it under warranty, the SRT pages were still there. So they not only saw that I had them activated, they went ahead and re-activated them on my new head unit. Definitely not a problem, warranty wise.

One thing I have never been able to do is to get the dash panel display to show SRT as in the photos. Tried all kinds of combos with the app, to no avail.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 2013 300C. Will this program let me give bidirectional orders for components, like ordering compressors on and relays to engage?

also, what features are relevant for my car?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a 2013 300C. Will this program let me give bidirectional orders for components, like ordering compressors on and relays to engage?

Joe, you can email the dev, Sergey, at [email protected] for an answer to your first question.

I can't direct you towards anyone to answer your second question. There are hundreds of options in AlphaOBD, and whether or not they'll function on your specific car depends on the configuration and even the revision number of the individual modules in the vehicle. For example, I bought it to enable LED front turn signals on my '14 Charger R/T Blacktop and Flamethrower Mode on my '05 300C. It didn't work for either function, despite a number of folks on various forums insisting that it worked for them on virtually identical cars.

It's best to think of AlphaOBD as a home version of wiTech, the scanning tool dealers use. It isn't a clean, simple consumer-oriented gadget that lets you make ten or twelve changes that are well documented and supported. It's more of a full-blown diagnostic tool that also has the ability to let you do things that most folks would have to go to the dealer for, like program new keys, add options and so on, if you can figure it out. I recently used it to put my Charger into "storage mode" so the battery won't go dead during the COVID-19 shutdown...you won't find that feature on a Tazer...but on the other hand, it'd be hard to find anyone to walk you through it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Joe, you can email the dev, Sergey, at [email protected] for an answer to your first question.

I can't direct you towards anyone to answer your second question. There are hundreds of options in AlphaOBD, and whether or not they'll function on your specific car depends on the configuration and even the revision number of the individual modules in the vehicle. For example, I bought it to enable LED front turn signals on my '14 Charger R/T Blacktop and Flamethrower Mode on my '05 300C. It didn't work for either function, despite a number of folks on various forums insisting that it worked for them on virtually identical cars.
Carl how do you like alpha? I have an 05 SRT that I’m rebuilding from a fire. I have a thread on here about it. I got all my parts from a local pull a part and am wondering if it’s worth getting alpha. My local dealer has basically told me to gfms since the car is over 10 years old.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Yes, it will allow you to individually turn on anything the computer turns on to test it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Carl how do you like alpha? I have an 05 SRT that I’m rebuilding from a fire. I have a thread on here about it. I got all my parts from a local pull a part and am wondering if it’s worth getting alpha. My local dealer has basically told me to gfms since the car is over 10 years old.
I like it. It's not smooth or polished and there's a learning curve, but it paid for itself in one operarion; running down a bad left front ABS sensor, which was $20 and 15 minutes to change out. Can only imagine what the stealership would've charged.

It has a lot more utility on the newer cars, but it's still a powerful diagnostic tool on an '05. With a project like yours it should come in handy. Just do yourself a favor and read up on it over at the RAM forum, and take some time to learn the interface.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like it. It's not smooth or polished and there's a learning curve, but it paid for itself in one operarion; running down a bad left front ABS sensor, which was $20 and 15 minutes to change out. Can only imagine what the stealershop would've charged.

It has a lot more utility on the newer cars, but it's still a powerful diagnostic tool on an '05. With a project like yours it should come in handy. Just do yourself a favor and read up on it over at the RAM forum, and take some time to learn the interface.
Will do. I also emailed the same thing to alpha and he responded already with good news. I’m going to buy it ASAP.

·
Registered
464 Posts
What do you recommend as an OBD2 connecting device to use with it?
I've used it with a wide variety of interfaces, including BAFX (well-supported generic), Panlong (ultra cheap generic), and OBDLink MX+ (the high-zoot version), as well as the OBDLink SX USB cable.

The author, Sergey, will tell you that the SX USB is the gold standard, because there are no Bluetooth issues to worry about. It works really well, but I went back to Bluetooth for the convenience, although the cable on the SX is plenty long enough, and for $30 or so, it's an excellent value.

The next best thing...let's call it the Silver standard...is the MX+, but for $120 or so, too rich for my blood. The MX supposedly works just as well (if a bit slower) for around $80. The Panlong I paid $12 for, and the BAFX, $22, all from that big website named after a river in South America. The BAFX is nice because it has a two-year warranty and USA-based support, but at the end of the day, I usually just grab the Panlong, because it's the smallest of all so more convenient to leave plugged in for live testing, and it works just fine.

If you decide to go with a really cheap generic, make sure it mentions ELM327 compatibility. There are Bluetooth OBD interfaces that don't include the entire ELM327 command set.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like it. It's not smooth or polished and there's a learning curve, but it paid for itself in one operarion; running down a bad left front ABS sensor, which was $20 and 15 minutes to change out. Can only imagine what the stealership would've charged.

How long does it take to connect? It’s been saying please wait for ever lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
How long does it take to connect? It’s been saying please wait for ever lol
Okay, I just grabbed the Panlong and plugged it into my '05 300C. It took just about one minute to pair the Panlong to an LG X Charge Android phone. Fired up AlfaOBD, took about another minute to connect to the Panlong, select the Central Gateway Module, MY2005 Non-PowerNet, select "connect", and get the module's Status screen. So about two minutes total from scratch, maybe one minute or less if the Bluetooth device is already paired with the phone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gotchya, thanks for the fast reply. I’m using an innova 1000 and trying to do everything thru my computer

61 - 80 of 81 Posts