Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Hey guys. I have a 2017 300s AWD.
I enabled Performance pages and Super track pack. The gauge cluster shows the performance pages and the touchscreen shows the performance pages also but they have the Challenger instead of the 300.
Is there any way to change this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12 Posts
I did finally get drive modes to work and we think launch control works, but not willing to try it for real until the snow melts.
You have to do a "factory reset" of the touchscreen. I'll have to try to find the exact instructions again, but you do it from an engineering menu that you reach by touching two corners at once. Some say only do it when you're finished changing stuff, I did it after each change.
Also, it took a couple of days before it all started working right. Seems like it takes a while for changes to propagate through the system.
If I get a chance, I'll post the list of what I have enabled/disabled. There were some things that seemed to fisable others and it took a lot of trial and error to get the right combo.
Wish I could get the hellcat logo to come up as some have done, but it works so I guess I take what I can get.
Oh, and the "sport" button no longer works but we have the same functionality through drive modes.
I have a 2017 300s AWD v6 and I have successfully enabled the performance pages and SRT option but I can’t seem to get the drive modes to do anything.
Can you explain how you did an engineering reset ?
I have tried pulling out the fuse and also holding down both top corners but it just reboots like it does when you hold down the top right corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, been awhile. I was wondering if anybody has tried changing the (cabin?) Equalizer setting in alfaodb? I seen in other models they would change it and it would change the head unit outputs & that the crossovers are in the head unit not the amp. I believe some uconnect models gives you frequency range to change instead of the 3 eq we have.... Wanted to throw it out there & if anybody hasn't tried it I might go ahead, be nice to get full range to the doors. I just bought some skar bullet 3.5" s for the dash that are 4ohm (I assume stock is 2ohm) so they aren't overpowering with the sensitivity rating. The stocks have terrible range but receive full range signal!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey all, been awhile. I was wondering if anybody has tried changing the (cabin?) Equalizer setting in alfaodb? I seen in other models they would change it and it would change the head unit outputs & that the crossovers are in the head unit not the amp. I believe some uconnect models gives you frequency range to change instead of the 3 eq we have.... Wanted to throw it out there & if anybody hasn't tried it I might go ahead, be nice to get full range to the doors. I just bought some skar bullet 3.5" s for the dash that are 4ohm (I assume stock is 2ohm) so they aren't overpowering with the sensitivity rating. The stocks have terrible range but receive full range signal!
Yes , you can enable Beats Audio with a ODB Tool , it works on Alpine Audio , this parameter give more ( maybe too much) bass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes , you can enable Beats Audio with a ODB Tool , it works on Alpine Audio , this parameter give more ( maybe too much) bass.
I've got beats factory but Alfa odb just ask for a cabin eq # instead of a drop down menu. I'd wondered if changing from beats to hk or maybe alpine would get full signal to my front door Speaker's. Another thread some versions show the drop down list and the software for PCs can show it from what I've read.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The PC interface screenshots appear to be more robust than the android interface. Does the android software have the identical set of capabilities as the PC version, especially regarding commanding different components on or off for testing? For example, my steering wheel tilt adjustment motor switch moves the steering wheel closer or farther away, but no longer moves it up or down. I want to see if it is the switch or the motor that’s defective.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Greetings - I am trying to see what the issue is with my tilt steering column on my 2013 300C. It goes in and out but not up and down. I've been playing around with this software and the OBDLink MX+ all weekend, but I cant seem to find a way to send commands to the tilt wheel system. I commanded several other components off and on, so I know it is not an issue with the connection. Can anyone advise if my year should have a tilt wheel that should be able to receive commands from the AlfaOBD software?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Greetings - I am trying to see what the issue is with my tilt steering column on my 2013 300C. It goes in and out but not up and down. I've been playing around with this software and the OBDLink MX+ all weekend, but I cant seem to find a way to send commands to the tilt wheel system. I commanded several other components off and on, so I know it is not an issue with the connection. Can anyone advise if my year should have a tilt wheel that should be able to receive commands from the AlfaOBD software?
I don't see any way to command steering column movement via Alpha OBD. I can connect to the steering column control module though and view the status including the disposition of the switches and any codes.

In the Steering Column Control Module > System Status(battery symbol) > Read System Status there's a switch state list. In that list is the tilt telescope buttons. The first time read all switches will say "not set". While in this mode hit each switch in question, in this case you only need hit the tilt switch up AND down. Then click "read system status" again, those buttons in the list should go from "not set" to "set" indication that while connected the switch was successfully switched. This will tell you if the switch is working.

To test the motor do you not have memory positioning and easy exit seat options? These should command some vertical movement in the column. Most of all easy exit as it moves the column up all the way. Assuming you don't have both memory positions set to where the column is all the way up going back and forth between easy exit and memory should command up and down movement in the column regardless of if the switch is working or not. If easy exit isn't moving the column to the top of it's travel then you have an answer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks. That was my exact procedure the other day. i first saw "not set", then i held the switch up and hit the refresh, and it said "set", so i know the switch worked. I was afraid to use the easy exit in case it went up and got stuck.

I love the AlfaOBD app. I did find a few issues in my car that i need to fix, like the sensor behind the rear view mirror that causes my windows to fog up when i put on the defroster.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
239 Posts
like the sensor behind the rear view mirror that causes my windows to fog up when i put on the defroster.
What sensor is that? My defroster occasionally fogs my windshield, My working theory is that when my cabin reaches the desired temperature with the defroster on it'll blow cold air on the windshield fogging it. I've heard of issues with the humidity sensor, this what you're talking about?

Alpha OBD is fantastic, items like it make these cars so nice to own. Most owners of other brands could never do as much as we can cause of how open/hacked our systems are. There's things I do wish I could do though that I haven't yet found a solution to. For example it bothers me that whenever I turn on the defrost it automatically cranks up the fan. Or change the temp in which the car goes into "winter mode".

·
Registered
82 Posts
now I have another problem. I was finally installing my humidity sensor and the bracket came off of the sticky film cutout adheres it to the windshield. can anyone point me to this part somewhere? I cant even find the part number for it. maybe it is part of the bracket item. i dont know.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its the clear glue sticker thing I need. Not the plastic, I think. If they are sold separately. If not, then maybe the plastic bracket comes with the glued part ready to peel and stick. i cant find it on a diagram so I cant tell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just has my windshield replaced, real PIA. The bracketry for all of the sensor stuff comes with the glass. as does the perimeter glass rubber seals. The humid sensor comes with a small clip on the back. I don't think you can buy the parts separate from the glass. Dealer might know. you might copy the clear part with 3m body molding tape.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts