Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finalled installed my enclosure and 2 12" kicker comps. nothing crazy just clean sound and alittle bass.
here's the setup:
4 infinity reference components
2 12" kicker comps
1 kicker 300Wx1 amp (SUBS)
1 sony 600Wx4 amp (Infinity speakers)
dynamat speaker kit
dynxorb in the doors

here's the enclosure b4 installation:

installed:

alittle sloppy b4 the faceplate installed:

My deck: avic d3(LOVE IT!!)

some pics w/ the faceplate installed:

it sounds good. not too crazy. it's not a "block shaker" but it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Good stuff man... i like how that looks.:fing02:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! it sounds good. i ordered the enclosure on ebay i had to make the faceplate myself though. The only think i dont like is that the carpet dont match my trunk.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I likey, how does that box look as far as build quality? I hope you like it, probably a nice improvement for ya. Clean looking install.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I likey, how does that box look as far as build quality? I hope you like it, probably a nice improvement for ya. Clean looking install.
the box is excellent quality. i would recommend it to anyone, and it's reasonably priced. the ONLY problem i had was that one of the power wire terminals connector was bad. it would not open for some reason. but as far as quality it was good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I didn't want all the sound from the subs pushing into the trunk. It rattled like crazy (even with dynamat) and I wanted as much sound to go into the cab as possible. So I built the box with the trim piece over the front so no sound goes into the trunk. I also drilled 4" holes into the back of the seats (under the fabric) to allow more sound through. This helped as well. I may even cut out the area behind the arm rest to allow more sound through later. I saw another member of this forum do this. My only complaint with this box is the port noise. The port size is 6" x 4" (so it fits through the factory sub hole). These subs push a lot of air and I can hear the air flowing out of the port. I may have to round off the top of the port some. But I can live with this as the overall sound of the box now is the best I've had in this car.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
nice install! I gotta ask, (dont beat me up for this) but any reason to have the subs facing the front?
I think it's been found that you get good bass with less chance of
rattle when the subs are facing forward.

I'm facing the rear and it took me almost removing the rear bumper
to get rid of the rattles, but you can get good sound both ways.

I have a very basic SPL meter that stops at 120dB. I can pin it
very easily with a single sub system that's nothing spectacular,
so you can imagine the number of rattles that get uncovered with
more subs and higher power levels facing the rear....

And folks, please use some hearing protection if you checking
for the maximum level of your system.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
BTW Shizzle, your install looks nice and clean.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
nice...clean install...I like..congrats!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all the feedback! i just need to get some headrest monitors now to finish up my install. but wifey say's i have to wait :( lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't want all the sound from the subs pushing into the trunk. It rattled like crazy (even with dynamat) and I wanted as much sound to go into the cab as possible. So I built the box with the trim piece over the front so no sound goes into the trunk. I also drilled 4" holes into the back of the seats (under the fabric) to allow more sound through. This helped as well. I may even cut out the area behind the arm rest to allow more sound through later. I saw another member of this forum do this. My only complaint with this box is the port noise. The port size is 6" x 4" (so it fits through the factory sub hole). These subs push a lot of air and I can hear the air flowing out of the port. I may have to round off the top of the port some. But I can live with this as the overall sound of the box now is the best I've had in this car.
hey bighitter i checked out your cardomin page. your setup is crazy. i think i may have to steal your idea w/ the holes in the back seat. :biggrin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Super clean, I am working on something very similar as just a rack for my 4 channel amp, a seperate 2 channel, along with a stinger cap. where did you get the great color matched carpet and how did you attach the cover to the main piece?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Super clean, I am working on something very similar as just a rack for my 4 channel amp, a seperate 2 channel, along with a stinger cap. where did you get the great color matched carpet and how did you attach the cover to the main piece?
i got the carpet for autozone, it was about $9. it's not a perfect match though, it's alittle off. i attached the cover by using 3" piece of wood. i just cut alittle piece and used it as a spacer,drilled that to the box and then screwed the cover to the spacer. that part is kind of ghetto but you cant see the wood once it's installed.:biggrin: i was going to install a cap but alot of members here said i didnt need one so im not using one, i'll probably upgrade to a ultima battery soon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts