Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! That REALLY reeks of something very very rank!!!!!!!! Why the heck would you move SRT under Dodge ONLY??? AND, even so, when the best SRT seller isn't even a Dodge, it's a JEEP for goodness sake! MAKES NO DAMN SENSE, CHRYSLER!!! :smashfrea They obviously don't have access to this forum, or they'd know what a following the 300 SRT has! Really had hopes that the Hellcat would eventually make its way into the 300 for 2016MY or thereabouts... Needless to say, they lost a future potential return buyer here. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere for my next purchase... I really can't believe it...I'm so beside myself right now!!! :damnit::damnit::damnit: So very very disappointed, can ya tell???!!!
:cussing::cussing::cussing:

Reactions: NWH_300C

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Actually... an analyst said they will cease production of the 300 SRT in that article... not Chrysler. They are moving SRT under dodge ad it had to go somewhere as it wasn't holding market as it's own 'brand' as the SRT Viper pointed out. From a grouping standpoint it makes sense as the dodge label had the most SRT platform choices under its belt, however with the keeping of the JEEP GC SRT I wouldn't go ruling out what is still a very popular seller for Chrysler. The article is hard to read at the end, but the bold 300 SRT is gone statement is speculation by a market analyst.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
274 Posts
if this happens. My 300S will be my last Mopar.

Extra:

I don't understand why they make this. Just let each brand make their own SRT's and everyone will be happy. Why make the Dodge boss?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well look on the bright side, perhaps all our 300 SRTs will bounce back from our ever going depreciation. It's kinda sad to see they are stopping production, but I think they are heading into HP fields where it will just be completely stupid to throw all that muscle into a 300. I didn't really know too much of the SRTs before looking into purchasing one, but what took me by surprise was that they had a 300 SRT. Never saw and old one or maybe never noticed it. It just seemed odd to me since I thought the 300 was a luxury sedan. Anyhow, it sucks but they can only do so much before they start stripping the car of it extra and fun components to keep up with this race to see what company has the most muscle stock. :\

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Well look on the bright side, perhaps all our 300 SRTs will bounce back from our ever going depreciation. It's kinda sad to see they are stopping production, but I think they are heading into HP fields where it will just be completely stupid to throw all that muscle into a 300. I didn't really know too much of the SRTs before looking into purchasing one, but what took me by surprise was that they had a 300 SRT. Never saw and old one or maybe never noticed it. It just seemed odd to me since I thought the 300 was a luxury sedan. Anyhow, it sucks but they can only do so much before they start stripping the car of it extra and fun components to keep up with this race to see what company has the most muscle stock. :\
I kinda understand where you're coming from, BUT... I'm interested to know what you think about Caddy's CTS-V? More luxo AND more HP/TQ to boot than the 300 SRT. That's proof in the puttin'--luxury meets "the Hulk" @ its best! (Best analogy I could come up w/...sorry...lol) So why not put all that muscle into the 300 luxo?!! GM gets away w/ it--and it sells! AND, you got the likes of "AMG" brand for Mercedes, "M" for BMW, and so on, and so on... There's definitely a huge market for those wanting to mix luxury w/ all-out beefy, brawny sport, for sure!

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Well now they went and did it. I was a 20 year GM guy and came to Chrysler in 06 to buy my first Mopar my 06 300 srt. I have since stayed with Mopar for an 06 magnum srt an 07 charger super bee and my current daily driver 300 S.

Bad enough they just killed off the SRT brand and moved our hero Ralph Gilles to CEO of motorsports, they've gone and killed off the 300SRT.

I am very loyal to a brand but when you stop making cars I want it's hard to want to stay loyal to that brand. I do not want a 2 door car (Chally) I def don't want the new Dodge Chart SRT and I don't need a super heavy jeep srt (truck).

I'm a big fan of the original 1955-1965 Chrysler 300 letter cars and when they made our modern versions of these iconic cars I bought 2 of them. The 300 is an amazing looking car and I was very excited that my next purchase when the hellcat came out was only the 300 hellcat. Now they announce the 300SRT will be no more, looks like I will be Mopar no more as well.

I'll turn my new plate I had saved for the hellcat back into the state, don't need this plate anymore. And this weekend I will burn my hellcat signed shirt by Ralph as a way of closing the door on my Mopar experience.

I hate that Sergio (head of fiat) is doing this to our beloved 300. I hate to say this but it looks like I will have to go back to GM for a CTS-V. I was so excited that the hellcat was coming in a 300 and I would have an amazing looking car with all that horse power in a sedan. I hate the looks of the CTSV but it has all that power in a sedan.

Boooooo on you Sergio and booooo on you Chrysler for killing of the 300SRT model.

RIP Chrysler 300 SRT

Reactions: NWH_300C

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Man, Freebird... I feel worse for you than I do for me! Pre-fab'd Hellcat license plate + Hellcat CEO-signed shirt as well?!! Think the result of anticipation doesn't hurt when someone preps themselves just to hear news like this?!!! So sorry for you, Man! The CTS-V is definitely worth consideration now, I guess...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I dont think they are moving many 300 SRT8's in Australia, i threw some crazy offers at some dealers here and got one brand new for $16,500 less than ticket price. (Authorised discount by Chrysler apparently, and cheaper than 2yr old second hand ones).
I expect a run out soon here in AU as the majority of stock is still 2012 build date, only difference is compliance date.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hofb99: I just feel that GM can get $70+ for their cts-v. Chrysler can't get $70 not even $65 for a 2015. They were heading into that field if they took it further to a supercharged hellcat. Why do you think they started with the "core" models? I feel what you are saying as well but I just don't feel like there's a big enough market for them. They sit and depreciate and goto auction.. Just like the last thread on here about the new models and pricing, Chrysler just isn't there with the quality yet. I'm not saying Dodge is by any means and I would say more so Jeep is there, hopefully I'll find out soon with them but I think they just played it safe and put all their eggs in one basket so to speak.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Those of us with first generation CSRT-8's basked in the Daimler-Benz affiliation. The car's platform was a 2000 E Class Mercedes, with the SRT engineering to produce a true Banker's Hot Rod, a modern day evolution of what Chrysler Corp did starting in the 1950's. My car runs unnoticed until a need for explosive acceleration and handling, then fall back into the line of sheep on the freeway. And out the door for $50K!!!

My first desire was for a yet-in production Challenger. By Oct 2006 Chrysler began allowing car deals on the remaining line-up, and I got my CSRT-8 for 200 over invoice via AAA. Had to go 90 miles for it, but had the choice of three. Black and Black, perfect. When the Challengers rolled out, I had no desire to trade up, the 300 was perfect for my needs. I will keep this for as long as I can. OBTW, just turned 28K miles.

Done with modern day Chrysler-Fiat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So they think it's smart to make a Journey SRT but not a 300 SRT…..I'm at a loss for words.
LOL look at PT Cruiser SS TRUCK! Yes, it's marketed as a light SUV. It sold, but only to single moms trying to dress like their daughters. Or dumb teens that put plastic spinners on them.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I, and Freebird, have been here before. GM stopped producing RWD sedans and our beloved ImpalaSS cars from the mid-90's faded into fond, but distant, memory.

I'll keep my SRT and enjoy it. If they make fewer of them who knows what will happen to values of clean, used and well maintained 300 SRT's in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
I came from Gm as well.. last brand new car i had bought from them was a 92 camaroz-28.. then i went to there trucks.. cause the camaro after that stank to high heaven when i bought my 06 i wanted it for the fact it was RWD and it had a big ass motor..yes i could have had a CTSV, but to this day i do not like the looks of all that angelarity. I dont care how big the motor is.. and i would love a merc/bmw.. but i ain't in the place to afford those payments.. So i'll keep mine as well.Really have too much in it to sell it anyways. And for being an 8 year old car.. it really turns a lot of heads .

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I still don't see where it says 'Chrysler' cancelled the 300 SRT! I see an independent analyst gave his two cents and claimed it will be cancelled...but not where Ralph said 'it's done'... am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
You must be because it reads to me like Chrysler presented the information to a group of analysts and they are just passing on the information that was presented to them. But maybe it'll just be a name change to a Dodge 300 SRT rather than a Chrysler but still be the same car. Who knows. I suppose the analysts have jumped to a conclusion, that's what happens when you don't tell the whole story.

·
Registered
618 Posts
In 2017, Chrysler will debut an unnamed full-size crossover SUV that will also have a plug-in hybrid option. A year later the nex- generation 300 full-size sedan launches, as will a new midsize crossover SUV.

From the LA times

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Yep...read it on another two sites as well...

Absolutely.... dumb.... off this is true then I too am done with Chrysler, back to BMW or over to Cadillac for me...sickening!

Reactions: hofb99
1 - 20 of 193 Posts