Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all! so today i painted my engine cover hemi orange like many on here..i must say my engine bay "pops" now. im really likeing the new look... my question is for all those who have painted ther cover or have removed there engine cover. do you guys have any problems with the dip stick in the rear rubbing on the shroud? it has a large cut out groove but snapping it on it just sits pressed againgst the right side of the groove.didnt notice it before? everything else lines up fine oil cap, engine stick.. im positive i have it on right.. if anyone can comment on this i would appreciate it. also if you have never took off your enging cover post how the rear dip stick sits in the cut our groove...thanks all..!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I never removed my cover. Just checked it for you. The dip stick sits right in the middle of the cut-out on the cover. Plenty of room all around it. You must not have the cover on properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jeep, i was out in the garage trying to align my cover again but it ends up in that position leaning up against the right side? the oil dip stick is centered as well as the oil cap perfectly centered? i spent about 15 min. on this with the same results guess thats the way mine came aligned?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts