Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy these cover even though my engine is a 5.7L

ImageUploadedByAG Free1398486305.137219.jpg

Would these fit, what do you guys think?

I know it's a fake srt lol :D

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Tacky.... there are covers that say 345 Hemi on them that are a direct fit and won't make you look like your trying to hard... cosmetics I can see, lots of people like the look of an SRT, saying your motored up or repping SRT badges is poser IMO....

Now as for fitment....those will need modded to bolt on if that's how you go sir!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize if I offended any true SRT8 owners, I didn't mean to... With that said, do you guys mean something like this?
ImageUploadedByAG Free1398521351.302981.jpg

But man the 345 are $100 more expensive :0

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
No offence taken here! I think SRT upgrades fine right look very nice...stock the badges on and then I think it's a bit poser. Lol. My car looks like an SRT, sounds like one, goes like one..but no badges...it's not one... ;-) lol

Not $100 more sucks...Let me have a look as well, must be something! I think there are sheet metal ones out there add well that look awesome!

Reactions: mrcant2

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No offence taken here! I think SRT upgrades fine right look very nice...stock the badges on and then I think it's a bit poser. Lol. My car looks like an SRT, sounds like one, goes like one..but no badges...it's not one... ;-) lol

Not $100 more sucks...Let me have a look as well, must be something! I think there are sheet metal ones out there add well that look awesome!

Thank you... For the 392 on ebay $110 the pair fir the 345 on ebay $199 plus $25 shipping

I wonder if a local dealership would carry them?!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Hmmm...Good question... I'm thinking no as I don't think they are a dealer item...did you check Amazon pal?

Reactions: mrcant2

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm...Good question... I'm thinking no as I don't think they are a dealer item...did you check Amazon pal?

I did check amazon but it's pretty much the same as ebay... I called two local Dodge/Chrysler dealers and they only carry the 392 or 6.4L covers and I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks and they are $66 driver and $58 passenger

·
Registered
468 Posts
They wont fit, trust me I know because I attempted this months ago. If you are worried about the SRT purist just get some decals from Rebadge :: Muscle Gallery and make everyone happy. LOL

I may end up tackling this project again in a few but kinda gave up for now. The main hurdle is the oil dipstick on the passenger side.
I found my post that was EXPIRED for some reason but here you go.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/parts-buy-sell-forum/129841-drivers-side-392-engine-cover.html

Since that post I have purchased another 392 cover from a 300SRT that doesn't fit as well, may end up modding the dip stick when time permits.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's nice!!! Thank you for keeping me in mind, where could I buy these?

I don't have the proper tools/machine to bend the raw metal in those angles...

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
You could have a shop make them for ya or contact 3G Customz and talk with them. They make similar covers and a lot more for the engine compartment of 300's, Chargers, Magnums and Challengers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts