Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what was going on this morning. I am cruising to work in the normal stop & go traffic and get all the way to my exit when the motor just dies on my on the offramp. The car did seem a little sluggish during the drive but still kept going. I pull over while coasting in neutral and put the car in park once stopped. I tried to start it and it started right up but now the check engine light in the bottom left corner is ON. I did the ON/OFF sequence to look and any codes that may have triggered and got nothing but ------- and then it said Done. I go to work and then during lunch drive it to the stealership where I bought it with the car running fine but the CEL was still ON. I turn it off, wait for the service guy to come out. Explain to him what happened, he starts it up, NO CEL LIGHT!! I couldn't believe it. Has anyone ever experienced this or no what could have caused it. I am heading on a R&R road trip tomorrow and definitely don't want to breakdown on the way. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
JeffLexie said:
I don't know what was going on this morning. I am cruising to work in the normal stop & go traffic and get all the way to my exit when the motor just dies on my on the offramp. The car did seem a little sluggish during the drive but still kept going. I pull over while coasting in neutral and put the car in park once stopped. I tried to start it and it started right up but now the check engine light in the bottom left corner is ON. I did the ON/OFF sequence to look and any codes that may have triggered and got nothing but ------- and then it said Done. I go to work and then during lunch drive it to the stealership where I bought it with the car running fine but the CEL was still ON. I turn it off, wait for the service guy to come out. Explain to him what happened, he starts it up, NO CEL LIGHT!! I couldn't believe it. Has anyone ever experienced this or no what could have caused it. I am heading on a R&R road trip tomorrow and definitely don't want to breakdown on the way. Thanks for the help.
Are you saying that the stealership plugged the StarScan Tool in and found no stored codes? Or didn't they bother themselves?
When all else fails, make sure the gas cap is properly installed. CEL's can clear themselves after a few start/stop cycles if the CEL-initiating problem is eliminated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It happened once to my with. Took It to the dealer, NO CODES FOUND ACTIVE OR HISTORIC. So ofcourse " nothing is wrong with car " We were useing regular gas at the time, and gas piriod is terable at best, switched te premium, problem hasn't returned. I don't know if that was the fix, but the car fells better and the mileage went up. wieghing price to mileage, I found premium to be a cheaper deal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts