Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Chrysler 300 CRD - 123,000 miles

Hi All,

The orange engine light has just come on, without any symptoms or problems noticeable.

I have connected my OBD2 scanner which has given me fault codes P0426 and P2084.

P0426 says: Catalyst Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance, Bank 1 Sensor 1
P2084 says: Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance, Bank 1 Sensor 2

I have read a few similar posts, but am just looking for some guidance, please, as to what to check first.

I have just cleared the fault codes with my OBD2 scanner and the orange light has gone out, so I will continue to drive the car, but am anticipating the orange engine light will reappear.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mines just done the same - initial thoughts is change both the exhaust gas temperature readers. When i clear the codes down it goes away for a few weeks then comes back. I can see the readers reading on my odb software so it could be shorting due to corroded plug or chaffed wire.

did you get anywhere with this?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All fine until this morning, 11 months later! Car left out overnight in heavy rain (no idea if that is significant), started car and same codes appeared. Cleared with code reader again so will wait to see what happens.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's interesting and useful to know, thanks. Strange to get these codes so intermittently and fix them by clearing the codes and doing nothing else. Will see how things go tomorrow on a 150 mile trip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah. I have sourced replacements for £25 each on autodoc so if it gets worse will swap them but at the moment am clearing them with appcar diagfca once every few months

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for info. I recently have had an issue when I accelerate hard to around 3000 revs, when the car starts kangarooing. No error codes thrown. Suggestions from other 300 owners suggested a problem with the turbo actuator or the exhaust back pressure sensor. I haven't replaced either as it doesn't always happen. Maybe P2084 is the common denominator and I need to replace the exhaust back pressure sensor? Tricky when issues are intermittent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally on that issue I’d be looking at the turbo actuator, egr valve, wastegate, turbo seals.

I’ve observed the egr valve issues are common on these cars thought mines never had an issue.

Have you sat and read the the exhaust gas temp whilst revving the engine? I did that on mine and they were reading up and down fine which is why I’m confident its just a little short of the electricals in my case. But maybe it is something wrong with the reader if they are miles apart or reading nothing etc.

I wouldn't know much about accelerating hard to 3000 revs anyway, Just ticked over 210k so being oh so gentle with the approach now!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the interesting comments. Just driven 60 miles today and no lights so will hope it's just another blip.

I did have a problem with the EGR valve earlier this year when another code came up and the car went into limp mode. I removed the EGR valve and cleaned it with brake cleaner (it wasn't that dirty). Got the same problem a week later so cleaned it again and made sure the centre shaft moved reasonably freely. Since then it has been fine, but I will buy a replacement EGR if it happens again.

My car has done 127k miles. I have owned it for 3 years and love it every time I drive it (despite having had a few issues). Like you I drive it carefully and it is very rare for me to accelerate hard to 3000 revs, but have noticed the kanagooing on 2 occasions. But a bit like my other issues, it seems to be intermittent because I can't get it to do it again. Apparently the turbo actuator and the exhaust pressure sensor are favourites for this fix.

Have you replaced the oil cooler seals? Are you on the Chrysler 300 Facebook group?....loads of great advice on there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven’t replaced the seals. I dont think mine are an issue atm and i replace the oil every year anyway. Mine was always fairly hassle free but Its been a bad year for me - my battery went, followed by a rogue ecu code that disabled my abs and required a dealer to flash it. My power steering line rusted through. Needed new shocks, then new track rod ends and tie rods. Then the parking brake system needed completely replacing. Bonnet catch seized then had to cut the grill to undo the bolts and replace that. Needed new discs and pads front and back. Luckily i have a decent garage at home and some good sources for parts.

i dont worry too much about problems with it and its a very much used car. I see some lovely detailed examples out there that are ***** and span but mine is very much not that. Its not been in any scrapes and I always clean and wax it and service it but theres a lot of grime and rust underneath and the engine bay is a bit messy so if there is a bit of oil seepage i’ll live with it. I’ll look up the facebook group

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.