Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im going to be garaging my car in sept. sometime. Its a 2005 Crysler 300C and ive been doing some homework on engine mods from this forum that people are running and heres what i have come up with any feed back would be great, and let me know if i missed something thanks.

Comp Cams XE 268
SRT 8 intake and exhaust pushrods
Comp cams beehive valve springs
JBA shorties
JBA high flow cats
Magnaflow cat back? any suggestions on this one would help greatly
Diablo Predator tuner
port polish heads
port polish intake manifold
port and polished throttle body
180 thermo
power slot rotors
EBC pads
does this sound like a good setup? or is there something that i could change that would make a better combo??

·
Registered
435 Posts
-Bump-
hope someone chimes in, we have a lot of knowledge here just some are not that quick to share and some take longer to log on.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
I am certain you'll get some god feedback, from those that are qualified. My only thought is that at some point you may want to consider upgrading the drive train. Your setup sounds like it may be a lot of power for the stock one.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
forgotten

a pretty good list, but you forgot that one mod which will wake it all up!

A torque converter!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
robust

ahhh im going to guess 2800 stall converter? and what about half shafts and cooling system?
very few cooling problems reported, the Hemi comes with a robust setup. The thermostat mod and fans adjusted via predator tuner will take care of your needs. Might want a trans cooler add on for the TC, too.

Half shafts are fine with street tires. Drag radials are a no-no without an upgrade.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would suggest long tubes and off road pipes(if you can do it where you're located) to be able to flow it all out. With the cam and all that porting and polishing there is no way the JBA's will be giving you all you can get. Plus a dyno tune would much better suit you over just the predator, unless you meant you would get a predator cmr tune. Is the magnaflow cat back 2.5 inch? I think it is but can't remember.

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i didnt see jba making long tubes for the 300C... perhaps ill go with the slp loudmouth 2 with cats and the magna kit i think is 2.5 ill find out. and yes cmr tune is what i had in mind :fing02:

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
it all depends on what your final goal is mate, have you set any 1/4 mile goals or hp goal as yet? feel free to send me a pm if you need a hand

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
As above. Would be best if you stated the goals you are wanting to achieve and a budget. Plenty of combo's available.

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as far as quarter times go im going to a track day this coming friday should be interesting budget up to about 7500-10,000. my hp goal dont want to go over 525 hp i would like to get up near there without a supercharger but im pretty sure thats gonna be damn hard hehe all i know is i want to be able to fry pretty much anything that comes my way hehe

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
as far as quarter times go im going to a track day this coming friday should be interesting budget up to about 7500-10,000. my hp goal dont want to go over 525 hp i would like to get up near there without a supercharger but im pretty sure thats gonna be damn hard hehe all i know is i want to be able to fry pretty much anything that comes my way hehe
best we have done so far is 508rwho naturally aspirated on a 426

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm what kinda power can i get on the stock block? or would it be better getting a crate motor and going that route?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hello everyone im going to be garaging my car in sept. sometime. Its a 2005 Crysler 300C and ive been doing some homework on engine mods from this forum that people are running and heres what i have come up with any feed back would be great, and let me know if i missed something thanks.

Comp Cams XE 268 i would go with a frank racing cam sidewinder,little boy, sparrow
SRT 8 intake and exhaust pushrods you will need custom rods. to go with the heads. i have the sizes and where to get them if needed
Comp cams beehive valve springs they will come in your new head pre assembled . well 6.1 springs will. they have proven to be better.
JBA shorties i have these and the mid pipes i have yet to see real gains from switching to long tubes.
JBA high flow cats
Magnaflow cat back? any suggestions on this one would help greatly i have a custom catback but i would go with the corsa if money wasnt an issue.
Diablo Predator tuner get a cmr tune for it
port polish heads frank racing street milled heads
port polish intake manifold you cant port the 5.7 ones(plastic)
port and polished throttle body
180 thermo
power slot rotors
EBC pads
does this sound like a good setup? or is there something that i could change that would make a better combo??
i would also get a billet technolgies catch can
and an afe stage II cai.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you will also need some non mds lifters depending on what cam you go with . i would suggest going with them either way.

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey mexi thanks for the info i was thinking of a 90mm polished throttle body i seen one at mopac there a vendor here in langley bc but what kinda power do you think i can make with that set up you listed my friend?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
somewhere between 380 to 4** rwhp.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
hey mate we can look after you with the new power plant when the new USA store opens in 6 weeks and we'd probably do you a special store opening special

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm im up in canada but i can always go for a roadtrip :D hehe beeeerrrr where abouts in the U.S you guys opening up?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts