Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys just need a lil advice.

Engine has done 22,000kms and engine light appears. When im on the highway and accelerate from about 60-100kms the power cutts out and RPM counter drops and idles at 1200 rpm. Once the car has dropped to about 10-20kms/hr its back to normal but the check engine light still appears.

I noticed some mornings it feels like a manual transmisson car when the clutch is slipping so the rpms are at about 4000-5000 and the car moves very slowly.

I read another thread where someone got their toque convertor replaced under warranty. Could I possibly have the same issue as he had around the same kms on his car.

Also I noticed that there is a redish oil that is always under my car when its parked.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The redish oil under the car is from the O ring leaking in transmission.
It happens to them all. Should be replaced under warranty by the dealer.
As for your other problems to technical for me. SORRY.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
lymph mode?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey ohnoes. Sounds exactly like the problem we had last week with the PT Cruiser. Turned out to be a vac. hose from the inlet manifold leaking and the computer kept richening up the mixture until no more available causing those symptons. When I replaced the hose still needed the service dept. to reset computer for correct ops.
By the way, first time at NMG in Bundoora and real impressed with service given
Cheers

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
haha!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
similar problem happened to our VW TDI Van, auto as well, it did the same thing kept reving high and i could feel the gear's changed under my foot, until one day, i could not exceed the limit of 20 km/h all the way from CBD to Ringwood haha to my mechanic to get a new Gear box and the drama, now its all good.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I reckon you could have two problems there. The engine which Arnold has related to and the tranny oil being low which may be causing the slipping drive.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Are you getting any shuddering when you take off hard (from a complete stop)?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I reckon you could have two problems there. The engine which Arnold has related to and the tranny oil being low which may be causing the slipping drive.
And you can ignore all that crap I wrote earlier on today. Monday morning its being towed back to NMG with the same problem!
Kelvin, did you hear that?
Cheers (maybe tears)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all your help. The problem was all caused by some plug that had worn out. It would shudder sometimes at take off as well and it was because the transmission fluid was low because of the leak as suggested.

All covered under warranty so all is good. Thanks heaps for the comments as I was able to go into the service center and explain to them what you guys had said and having the problem rectified in an hour.

Cheers :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts