Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow Chrsyler 300 lovers and enthusiasts
I own a 2009 300 LX, for a while now (almost a month), I have being having problems when trying to start my car. I turn the key (key fob) all the way to the right with no response from the engine at all( not even a click sound), some times after almost 15 min trying then the car decides to start. I changed the Camshaft Position Sensor ( I was doing some research and read that might be a common cause for the engine not starting), and still have the same issue, also I changed the battery in the key just in case that might help. I am really desperate because spending almost 20 min before leaving anywhere is really annoying to me. Also I have to mention that all the lights turn good in the instruments panel, and I do not think is the battery or the starter. Please help !!!Thanks in advance
HP

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It is going to be hard to diagnose this from long distance but here's some things to check:

1. Any check engine lights on after the car starts? If so, read the codes and post them up here.

2. Have you had the car's battery load tested? A weak battery will turn on lights in the dash and even operate some accessories but will not have enough reserve power to turn the starter.

3. Check your main + & - connections at the battery. Make sure they are clean, well connected and in good condition.

4. Check your main + & - connections at the starter and ground.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sounds like you're due for a new ignition switch or you have a poor ground somewhere. Even with a bad key (wrong or no chip) the car will start and run for exactly 2 seconds so it's not the key itself or the security system.
Check the ground strap from the engine to chassis and the main ground in the trunk to the battery. If you cant find the engine ground use a jumper cable to temporarily ground the block to the chassis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All my + & - are clean and tighten.

MADDOG thanks for your prompt response
I checked all the points that you mention in your replay. For what I was able to see all my + & - are clean and tighten up accordingly, there is no loose connections as far as + & - goes. For the record, I changed the oil a couple of weeks before and I was told by the technician that a fuel injector cleanse was due based on the mileage per manufacturer recommendation( I don't know if this might influence in the engine not starting when it should be. Regarding fuel intake into the engine, I also read that maybe a faulty fuel supply might be also a cause for this particular failure.... When I did my oil change the tech checked the battery load and it came out fine. I still have to check the connection in the starter and the ground.
Again, thanks
HP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there Montreal300
I have to check for what your are telling me to. Will do that and keep you and MADDOG posted on this.
Thanks again
HP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good morning guys
As I mentioned before I am giving and updated, Fortunately it was only a relay that was faulty, the communication could not pass the fuse box in which there was a relay that is in the front of the car:smile:. Again, thank you for your advises
Regards
HP

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good morning guys
As I mentioned before I am giving and updated, Fortunately it was only a relay that was faulty, the communication could not pass the fuse box in which there was a relay that is in the front of the car:smile:. Again, thank you for your advises
Regards
HP
Glad to hear you got it sorted, not having one to hand, was there only one relay in there or several?

If several can you tell us which one, only reason might make some life a bit easier if they have the same problem

Kimbie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning guys
Regards
HP
Hello, I've been having the exact same problems and can't figure out what it is. Would you happen to know what rlay you replaced? Thank you very much!!!!:You_Rock_

1 - 9 of 9 Posts