Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the TSB list and I saw the TSB for the 05-06 CSRT with the whine sound at idle; is this a flash they do? Is there something wrong with my car, and does this affect the performance?

·
Registered
771 Posts
The oil squirters make a whine and the Mobil1 15-50 pretty much quiets it down. Used it this past summer and was satisfied with what that weight oil did! I will put it in again on my next oil change!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
O dam here we go again....a new weight oil??... i just switched to the 0/40 a few oil changes ago...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Actually it's not new, the TSB came out in December 06 #(09-011-06) and it's specific to 6.1 engines! Since you moved up to the SRT8 and the 0-40 weight, you now have an approved by Chrysler oil to take care of the whine! I found it helped last summer when the weather was hot and the whine was more prevalent!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I don't know, but seriously I kinda like the whine. Maybe I'm just used to things whining...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
771 Posts
I had a young guy come up to the car shortly after I bought it and say"does that have a turbo" after hearing the whine! I had to laugh and then told him no and explained about the oil squirters!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I had a young guy come up to the car shortly after I bought it and say"does that have a turbo" after hearing the whine! I had to laugh and then told him no and explained about the oil squirters!
I think that's why I like it!

Bernie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts