95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see attached...

Someone please make it stop...

Chrome Pillars... ;) Cool!
Chrome Grill (E&G style)... ;) Cool!
Chrome Wheels..... ;) Cool!

And now for the not so cool....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487006207&category=34204

This is too much...put that with those hideoous lower rocker panels, and cloth top and you have done the impossible...made one of the most beautiful pieces of iron to come out of detroit look like a reject from Huggy Bear's car stable. :eek:

·
Registered
887 Posts
I agree the license plate is going overboard (and I don't like the looks anyway)

However, I did order the the Pillars, Rockers, and Trunk molding...I think it will look great on the Silver with the EG grill.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What trunk molding??? I haven't seen that yet....

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
too much chrome bs. how much sticky tape can a car handle? IMHO, keep putting that crap on, you will need curb feelers & the spare mounted outside the trunk!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Didn't think of the curb feelers yet... :eek:

The rockers and trunk may be much, we'll see when it's here. I won't be peeling the tape off to install if its tacky.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Chrome rocker panels & B pillar

Fellow C owners,

I was curious if anyone has ordered and installed the various chrome rocker panels and B pillar aftermarket inserts? I have seen various sites offer these products but seem hesitant on purchasing them until i see fellow c owners with them installed. The prices seem to range from $75 -150 depending on the site visited. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Chicago

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scandaloustrick said:
Fellow C owners,

I was curious if anyone has ordered and installed the various chrome rocker panels and B pillar aftermarket inserts? I have seen various sites offer these products but seem hesitant on purchasing them until i see fellow c owners with them installed. The prices seem to range from $75 -150 depending on the site visited. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Chicago
I've only used the "B" pillar kit. I didn't purchase the rocker kit (I thought it might be too much...)

Please see attached picture...

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm simply but elegant. As for chrome I have only installed the B-Pillars (6pc set).
Pics will coming soon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking forward to seeing the pics...Congrats Angi300C on receiving your 300C... :cool:

I really enjoy the tied in look of the B pillars with the factory chrome window trim and door handles.

Are you planning on adding anything else...a new grill or new shoes? So many choices for this beautiful car?

·
Registered
901 Posts
300CULATER said:
Are you planning on adding anything else...a new grill or new shoes? So many choices for this beautiful car?
Yes, I have the mesh grill w/center bar, drk gry floor mats, painted mud flaps, painted sirius antennae, gas cap holder, dash kit and lastly I should have my new shoes installed 20" Lorenzo's. Waiting on Toyo's 255/45/20 that should be here 8/18 just in time for the weekend.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ok...enough with the chrome...got my trunk and rocker molding, and it won't be installed. I'll have to return it if they take it back, or sell on Ebay....
Agree w/ the original - grill, pillars, and wheels!
Got my mudflaps, and just need those painted now.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
300CULATER said:
Someone please make it stop...This is too much...put that with those hideoous lower rocker panels, and cloth top and you have done the impossible...made one of the most beautiful pieces of iron to come out of Detroit look like a reject from Huggy Bear's car stable. :eek:
If you think these "add-ons" are atrocious, wait until you see a 300C with a two-tone paint job, spinner rims and and monitors in the trunk.
GAD-ZOOKS!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Chicago winters to harsh

I was hoping that the few 300 owners that purchased and self installed the Chrome 6 piece B pillar set could share with us how it was installed, difficulty, length of time, and after being done, would u do it again???

Just order my Heavy mesh grill from E & G and going to order the 6 piece B pillar, and trunk chrome set from local shop in Chicago. I was a bit hesitant to hear that the chrome set uses some form of 3m adhesive tape. I am not sure if it will hold up to the Chicago winters despite being garge kept...

Dave
Chicago

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not against AM add-ons to individualize, at least in theory, but I wonder at what point does it morph into a competition for who's added the most Chrome? Would that person then be called.......wait for it..........Chrome-Add-on-Man?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
IndySilverC said:
Chrome-Add-on-Man?

Chromeaddonman - that's rich! :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
IndySilverC said:
I'm not against AM add-ons to individualize, at least in theory, but I wonder at what point does it morph into a competition for who's added the most Chrome? Would that person then be called.......wait for it..........Chrome-Add-on-Man?

After seeing that I know we're not going out of lunch, we’re going out for drinks ;)

That’s great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey now if it's not your thing don't knock it... I'm going for lots of chrome...
Pillars, grille, mirrors, bumper trim front and rear (That came on the 300C Limited), 21's or 22's (not spinning), monitors (inside car not trunk), some interior updates oh and of course a few other secrets too... But i'm telling you now i'm planning on a custom two tone paint job that will follow the body lines perfect and reflect class and luxury... Wait to see the complete pkg...

Redman said:
If you think these "add-ons" are atrocious, wait until you see a 300C with a two-tone paint job, spinner rims and and monitors in the trunk.
GAD-ZOOKS!

·
Registered
441 Posts
To each his own with the chrome look, but does anyone agree that a body color or blackout grille (with the chrome Chrysler wings on top) would look good, at least against the dark colors?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts