Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on 4-5 occasions the ESP/BAS light comes on upon starting. If I re boot (re start) the light goes off and does not come back on for several days, each time going off with a re boot. Any thoughts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,239 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
I have noticed on 4-5 occasions the ESP/BAS light comes on upon starting. If I re boot (re start) the light goes off and does not come back on for several days, each time going off with a re boot. Any thoughts?

Did your battery recently go dead or was it disconnected? I don't know if it is the same set up, but on my sister's Crossfire (that had been on the lot almost a year when she bought it, thus had a bad battery) this light was on even after the battery was replaced. The steering wheel position sensor had to be recalibrated. It was done before she left the dealership with the car but basically i think they just turned the steering wheel all the way in each direction and then back to center, then shut the car off and restarted it. It's been a while so I hope I didnt' leave something out or remember the procedure wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
I have noticed on 4-5 occasions the ESP/BAS light comes on upon starting. If I re boot (re start) the light goes off and does not come back on for several days, each time going off with a re boot. Any thoughts?
Pull fuse 11 for 30 seconds or more, II kings. That'll reboot your PMC and hopefully flush this gremlin for good.

All presets, etc., will be preserved - no resetting necessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, no recent battery disconnects, I'll give the fuse 11 a whirl meister the next time it flares up. Perhaps the threat of doing something will clear it up kinda like a sore tooth getting better the day you go to the dentist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Thanks guys, no recent battery disconnects, I'll give the fuse 11 a whirl meister the next time it flares up. Perhaps the threat of doing something will clear it up kinda like a sore tooth getting better the day you go to the dentist.
Mine will come on while driving at times. Manual reports a fault in the system when this happens. I took it in, but the dealer did not do anything more than unplug and re-plug all connectors in the wiring harness. Problem did not go away.

When I restart the car, the lights go off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
JimTurner said:
Mine will come on while driving at times. Manual reports a fault in the system when this happens. I took it in, but the dealer did not do anything more than unplug and re-plug all connectors in the wiring harness. Problem did not go away.

When I restart the car, the lights go off.
Refer to post #3, Jim, and try that. Fuse 11 is in the forward fusebox (fancy name: Power Distribution Center [PDC]), underhood.

Open the cover and you'll find the fuse layout embossed in the underside. It seems backwards to some, so make sure you're properly oriented, then pull fuse 11. This will force a re-boot, essentially, of the Power Management Computer, and may well clear your problem.

EDIT: Also, while in the forward PDC, push down firmly on ALL fuses, breakers and relays. These LXes are notorious for leaving the factory with fuses not firmly seated. Fully half of mine were not seated properly.

Then open the trunk, open the spare tire well cover, open the rear PDC and repeat the process. When done with that, verify that the nut securing the battery's ground cable to the sheet metal is super snug. A less than ultra-snug nut there causes many problems, as a TSB on the topic attests.

This applies to you as well II kings, unless you've already performed that double ritual.

Good luck. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes meister, I had several loose fuses last Summer but no issues with them. I have not recently checked, something to look at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I Had This Happen Went To Dealer, It Was A Fuse Covered Under Warrenty And The Invoice They Gave Me Stated The Fuse Was $42.00
For A Fuse ,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
This is a late reply to suggestions above: I opened up both PDC's (under hood and trunk) and found that virtually EVERY relay and fuse was not seated! A couple of relays in the trunk were up by as much as 1/8".

Too soon to tell if this fixed my problem, but we'll see.

Thanks Meister!

jim t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I am having the same problem. My dealer has switched the Brake Switch and multiple sensors. The problem still persists. It will not shut off unless I restart the vehicle. Any SRT experts out there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
My SRT said:
I am having the same problem. My dealer has switched the Brake Switch and multiple sensors. The problem still persists. It will not shut off unless I restart the vehicle. Any SRT experts out there?
Have you followed the steps in posts 3 & 6, srt?

And review post #9.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Meister said:
Have you followed the steps in posts 3 & 6, srt?

And review post #9.
I will give this a shot. I have tried everything else. I am on 6000 miles with same issue. I just love the vehicle. I lost my AWD to Lemon Law. Don't want to see my baby go.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
223 Posts
I've been having this problem every since I got my car. (02/05)

It seems like this light comes on everyday now. The only way it goes away is when I shut off & then restart the car. Im gonna call my dealer next week to see if they can fix it. Last time I told them about this they said there wasnt anything lighting up. I'll bring it in one of the days its on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
My SRT said:
By the way should the car be off or on?
Off, for all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
Mine was doing this occasionally too but it has not happened now for about two months.

I reported it to the dealer and their response was, "we couldn't find any error codes".

I have been slack, I have been meaning to reseat all the fuses and relays but just keep forgetting. I will do this weekend and let you know if the Austrian build 300Cs have the same issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine has not done it since my original post, wierd science. Now the autoglide is out and the wiper sweep is back. Time to go to the dealer in the next few weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
What is an Autoglide

II kings 9:20 said:
Mine has not done it since my original post, wierd science. Now the autoglide is out and the wiper sweep is back. Time to go to the dealer in the next few weeks.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is an autoglide and a wiper sweep?:pat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Have you tried it?

NDENT said:
I've been having this problem every since I got my car. (02/05)

It seems like this light comes on everyday now. The only way it goes away is when I shut off & then restart the car. Im gonna call my dealer next week to see if they can fix it. Last time I told them about this they said there wasnt anything lighting up. I'll bring it in one of the days its on.
Ndent have you tried what was sugguested? I did! Wish me luck. I have not had a problem since.:naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My SRT said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is an autoglide and a wiper sweep?:pat:
The autoglide is the driver's seat function that moves the seat back when the key is removed and returns to the previous position when starting. The 1990 LS 400 started all this including tilting the wheel up out of the way, and still worked when I sold it 2 years ago.

The wiper sweep issue is when the wipers are set to rain sense and the wiper stalk position is on, the wipers come on when you signal a turn. This may occur several times in a row for one sweep or 8-10 sweeps, or may go many days and never do it. The fix is getting a new stalk. NO, the wiper is not turned on by accident when signaling, this is an electrical problem not operator error.
 
1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Top