Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,660 Posts
Assume you have been driving the car? Takes a few minutes for the sensors to reconnect with the computer and the light to go out.

What model is your InTune - is it one of the readers that has ABS code capability? Not all of code readers do.

My Innova 3100i reads the faults on my ABS. If you have a local AutoZone and are lucky they'll read the codes for you.

If not make sure the sensors are plugged in where they join at the car body and clear the wheel end.

RockAuto do the ABS speed sensors for a reasonable price, that's where I bought a couple for mine

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ran the ABS scanner, got the following:
U140E-implausible vehicle configuration data received

C121D-brake pressure sensor circuit

U0101-lost comm with TCM

C121A-steering angle sensor not initialized

C122B-brake pedal Force switch circuit performance

U0126-lost comm with steering angle sensor

U0141-lost communication with FCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
your going to need a good quality diagnostic tool to do the relearn the SAS and clear and check the other issues make sure the battery is at 13 volts or more and in good shape these cars are finicky with low power you will throw codes all over the body and powertrain.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:
Cleared all codes except 1. Used an OBD + ABS scanner from Advanced Auto Parts. I also replaced the front wheel speed sensors. HOWEVER, I cannot get this one:

C121D - brake pressure sensor circuit.

Any suggestions on where to look/what to do? Thanks team.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What do I mean cycled? I picked up a pretty nice scan tool.

The ABS system and brake systems on these cars have specific diagnostic programming and sensors inside the ABS block. you need a tool that will be able to do more than read and reset codes. you need one that can do manufacture ABS bleed down and testing protocol. You can not bleed the brakes old school without risking letting air into the ABS pump. And when the battery goes dead or is low many of these systems will show faults. Example battery is bad say 8V and your driving lights on stereo going running on alternator power and you brake hard. ABS pump does not have the voltage to produce proper pressure in system codes thrown. Now you replace the battery and its all good. Now you may need to run the Factory program that tests ABS pump and cycles it through a series of tests building pressure and applying the brakes to all 4 corners to ensure system pressures are good before it will cancel the fault codes.

https://youtu.be/N_wcrRFcknQ

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ABS system and brake systems on these cars have specific diagnostic programming and sensors inside the ABS block. you need a tool that will be able to do more than read and reset codes. you need one that can do manufacture ABS bleed down and testing protocol. You can not bleed the brakes old school without risking letting air into the ABS pump. And when the battery goes dead or is low many of these systems will show faults. Example battery is bad say 8V and your driving lights on stereo going running on alternator power and you brake hard. ABS pump does not have the voltage to produce proper pressure in system codes thrown. Now you replace the battery and its all good. Now you may need to run the Factory program that tests ABS pump and cycles it through a series of tests building pressure and applying the brakes to all 4 corners to ensure system pressures are good before it will cancel the fault codes.

Fixing ABS Brake Problems On Your Car - YouTube

https://youtu.be/N_wcrRFcknQ

Cool. Thanks for the info and I'll update the post after I get a place to use their better scan tool. Thumbs up on the video too. Ol Scotty Kilmer is awesome. That guy should have his own TV show. I'm sure it'd be more informative for the everyday problems that we run into instead of an hour long show on how to weld, fab n paint a new trunk lid.

·
Registered
78 Posts
here is a crappy photo of my scanner you may recognize it lol and just an idea of how many circuits there are to check and test. once code is thrown on some it has to re set with scanner. Plus a screen shot of what has to be done after a brake bleed to reset everything. This is what I am talking about

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice!!! Same one he used. Where'd u pick one up like that at?

I picked it up at princess auto up here in Canada but There are lots of US online sellers giving big discounts since they stopped making new ones and have replaced it with an updated version with more features like internal battery and expandable module to download and re write vehicle computers with factory issued updates.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. Now I have to figure out this TPMS issue. I posted it in this section too but the EVIC displays pressure for all 4 tires yet I still get the warning chime and "Check TPM system" warning

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey I noticed on the picture of the abs module that you got several wires coming off it that are spliced, which ones and why are they spliced? If I'm correct I see that the 12v main power for the module is spliced, so you know why it's spliced and where is spliced too because I think this will fix my problem.... thanks for your help!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts