1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ESP / TCS / FAN Modification
2006 , 6.1 L SRT8

Hi Everyone,

We have been busy developing so here is the latest , since the early confusion I have stated this in a more exact engineering type explaination of how the systems work on the LX Car's

The LX platform vehicles have a 3 stage system for computer control of the drive train

The ESP off switch on the 6.1 SRT’s is a 3 stage switch and this is for models built after
8/5/05 equipped with (MK25E abs)

This is what is known as the three-mode ESP. When the ESP Off switch is depressed and quickly released, the system turns off the ESP like any other model, but if the switch is held down for a period of 5 seconds before releasing, the ESP system “Further Reduces”
The amount of torque management provided.

The ESP delete still has a percentage of hold back or “torque management” even when you have ESP in the “OFF” mode on the SRT Models.

Traction control system (TCS)

This part of the Torque management senses impending wheel spin and applies the brakes on one or more wheels and reduces engine torque output using the (ETC) electronic throttle control to prevent wheel slip during acceleration , in cases of severe wheel slip this system will use the brakes and the throttle control and finally interrogate the ECU to determine what torque out put is at and will “partially close” the throttle blades and reduce timing to execute the “torque reduction” and may affect shifting as a final means of correcting the torque output.

Brake assists system (BAS)

This is part of the Torque management system that applies the brakes with the throttle control so that the computer is not just relaying on one system top achieve the torque management.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GS Motorsports has 2 kits available to defeat all of the computer controls holding back the vehicles when the driver wants to go fast without any computer holdback or reduction in power to the wheels. This user selectable and can be turned on “on the fly” and in no way affects the ABS system and will not throw any “check engine lights”.

This was designed to be a “stealth mod” and requires no drilling or permanent modification.

We have also combined this with a 180 degree thermostat and a Fan Mod that allows the user to turn on the fan when needed to lower engine temps, resulting in the ecu giving the vehicle more performance (more aggressive timing) because of the engine temperature.

#1 05 SRT8 – 06 SRT8, vehicles built before 7/31/05

#2 06 SRT8, vehicles built after 8/5/05

We have this Available now and they can be ordered direct or via the web site

Scott Quaranta
www.GSMotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have heard some rave reviews on this mod guys...
step up...
and take advantage of a great company with even better people behind it!
Sincerely,

·
Registered
625 Posts
Build Dates

The 7/31 & 8/05 build dates obviosly leave a gap. My car was built on 8/03/05 and has the new ABS.

I recently purchased and installed the GSM fan & torque mods.

Easily worth 5 times the price.

Before, I could roast the tires from a dead stop. Now, in 1st or 2nd, I can roast 'em while driving at speeds up to 40 mph, no problem!

Also, insted of shifting at 5500 rpm to avoid the dreaded rev limiter, now I can wait til 5900 and BAM, grab the next gear without missing a beat.

I personally witnessed the Charger doing runs at CA speedway with and without the torque mod activated, and saw significant gains (about 1/4 second I recall) as a result of the mod.

Bang for the buck? Wthout question, this mod is ESSENTIAL for anyone who enjoys "Spirited Driving" in their LX 5.7 or 6.1!

Anyone in AZ is welcome to come check it out first hand in my car.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
cbutler32 said:
I have heard some rave reviews on this mod guys...
step up...
and take advantage of a great company with even better people behind it!
Sincerely,
I am one step ahead of you Chris. I put my order in for the Kooks long tubes and catted pipe kit from Scott and GSMotorsports. I spoke with Scott the other day, personally, for almost an hour. A straight up guy, very knowledgeable and an all around great company to do business with. Scott and I got to talking about our personal sleds from the 80's and other similar cars of that time, especially the Buick Grand National, etc. I had the Pontiac Grand Prix and Scott I believe an Oldsmobile. Ahhh, those were some fun days. Anyway's after almost an hour on the phone with Scott it was time to wrap up our business. In all the laughter I almost forgot to have Scott include my #2 fan/torque mod kit with my order. Done deal, it all should be coming shortly. Ohh goodie, nothing like Christams time in January,lol.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Mark,
SWEET!!!
Congrats and let us know what you think of the mods.
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
This is confusing. There is no selection on your site for '06 SRT vehicles built BEFORE 8/5/05.

But there is a selection for '05 SRT-8's before 7/31/05.

My '06 was built on 04/05/05. Does that mean the '05 selection will work for my '06?

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
vvv90 said:
This is confusing. There is no selection on your site for '06 SRT vehicles built BEFORE 8/5/05.

But there is a selection for '05 SRT-8's before 7/31/05.

My '06 was built on 04/05/05. Does that mean the '05 selection will work for my '06?

In Scoot's post above, you will need #1 fan/torque mod:

#1= (05 SRT8 – 06 SRT8), vehicles built before 7/31/05

·
Registered
62 Posts
Scott,

I have tried twice to order this device. The two attempts were almost two weeks apart. I fill out everything and the web page says "Unable to authorize payment: Missing Required Shipping Information"

Yet when I ordered the headers it went through fine. BTW - about how long untill you get those back from coating?

I want to buy the torque/fan switch but you are going to have to PM me or fix your web site.

I live in a small rural town in southern NM. I think your verification software can't find my address.

Dirk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just had the GSM mod installed on friday.. and id have to say... I expected , well..MORE!! I dont really feel like my shifts are ANY " crisper " .When I floor it with my stock traction controll off, my tires roast well thru first and the shift into second kills the tire bbq... its the SAME with the mod, not even a chirp in second. I "feel" no difference, and trust me, I WANT to.I had them install the 383-170 thermostat at the same time as the gsm/fan mod and my temps are consistantly 204* with the fan running ALL the time. Now thats better than the 218-226* it normally runs, but a FAR cry from the 176 that meister says he gets ... ( and im in arizona also ) I'm going to go to the track and see if I get a better time there than I did before the mod..I pulled the # 11 fuse off for about 45 minutes as well just in case the ecu needed more time to reset.. still no difference

1 - 10 of 10 Posts