1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ESP / TCS / FAN Modification
2006 , 6.1 L SRT8

Hi Everyone,

We have been busy developing so here is the latest , since the early confusion I have stated this in a more exact engineering type explaination of how the systems work on the LX Car's

The LX platform vehicles have a 3 stage system for computer control of the drive train

The ESP off switch on the 6.1 SRT’s is a 3 stage switch and this is for models built after
8/5/05 equipped with (MK25E abs)

This is what is known as the three-mode ESP. When the ESP Off switch is depressed and quickly released, the system turns off the ESP like any other model, but if the switch is held down for a period of 5 seconds before releasing, the ESP system “Further Reduces”
The amount of torque management provided.

The ESP delete still has a percentage of hold back or “torque management” even when you have ESP in the “OFF” mode on the SRT Models.

Traction control system (TCS)

This part of the Torque management senses impending wheel spin and applies the brakes on one or more wheels and reduces engine torque output using the (ETC) electronic throttle control to prevent wheel slip during acceleration , in cases of severe wheel slip this system will use the brakes and the throttle control and finally interrogate the ECU to determine what torque out put is at and will “partially close” the throttle blades and reduce timing to execute the “torque reduction” and may affect shifting as a final means of correcting the torque output.

Brake assists system (BAS)

This is part of the Torque management system that applies the brakes with the throttle control so that the computer is not just relaying on one system top achieve the torque management.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GS Motorsports has 2 kits available to defeat all of the computer controls holding back the vehicles when the driver wants to go fast without any computer holdback or reduction in power to the wheels. This user selectable and can be turned on “on the fly” and in no way affects the ABS system and will not throw any “check engine lights”.

This was designed to be a “stealth mod” and requires no drilling or permanent modification.

We have also combined this with a 180 degree thermostat and a Fan Mod that allows the user to turn on the fan when needed to lower engine temps, resulting in the ecu giving the vehicle more performance (more aggressive timing) because of the engine temperature.

#1 05 SRT8 – 06 SRT8, vehicles built before 7/31/05

#2 06 SRT8, vehicles built after 8/5/05

We have this Available now and they can be ordered direct or via the web site

Scott Quaranta
www.GSMotorsports.com

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
now this is what I have been waiting for...

·
Registered
4 Posts
whats the price? will this work on the jeep srt8?

i have a jeep srt8 on order, I live in LA, maybe we can work out some kind of deal?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a srt 8 jeep also coming as soon as the teamsters get off strike and load the rail car

Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Scott,

I will also be interested in this once I receive my GC SRT8. Thanks for the updates, keep up the good work! :cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here's the confusion on this mod. They mention the term torque management, which is about stopping the car from using brakes or throttle to keep the tires from spinning out of control. It is not the timing and fuel trim function used to soften the transmission shifts, also referred to as torque management. At least this is how I understand it. Other than that point of confusion, the GSM mod works well, as I have the 05 5.7L version. I assume the 06 three stage unit to work just as well if not better.

·
Registered
224 Posts
tbyrne said:
Mine should be arriving next week. I'll post my throughts after the install. I know it will be good! :)

i'll be waiting for your post :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
tbyrne said:
Mine should be arriving next week. I'll post my throughts after the install. I know it will be good! :)

Thats great, let us know what you think.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
Here's the confusion on this mod. They mention the term torque management, which is about stopping the car from using brakes or throttle to keep the tires from spinning out of control. It is not the timing and fuel trim function used to soften the transmission shifts, also referred to as torque management. At least this is how I understand it. Other than that point of confusion, the GSM mod works well, as I have the 05 5.7L version. I assume the 06 three stage unit to work just as well if not better.
The shifting on the trans use's the same inputs that we are letting you turn off, with the mod on the shifting is noticeably better and we are able to manually shift the car much better than with all the systems on.

Scott

·
Registered
128 Posts
Scott,

Is this mod going to utilize the existing ESP switch?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The kit ships with 2 small switches that mount using an exsisting hole, you will not need to worry about the esp switch with the new setup on

Scott

·
Registered
134 Posts
I purchased your switch sometime back, before you had a second switch. Car was built prior 7/31/05. Have any changes been made that I need to know about? Such as wiring change or anything else to upgrade to the new model?
Cecil.............

·
Registered
299 Posts
Have had the headers for a few weeks and have deliberately not used the torque mod (fan and torque mod put on the same time as the headers) just to get to the point where now the performance bump with the headers is starting to feel "normal". So lately I've been starting to play with the torque mod and well, lets just say it does what Scott says it does, quite nicely in fact.

·
Registered
73 Posts
GSM said:
The kit ships with 2 small switches that mount using an exsisting hole, you will not need to worry about the esp switch with the new setup on

Scott
Ok, now I am confused. Other than the application (pre or post August 05), are your new kits different than your original kit? Your instructions with the original kit directed users to engage the dash ESP switch in conjunction with engaging your torque/traction control bypass switch. If different, how so, and how do we upgrade?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wiring on the late builds are different, so the kit is similar with different instructions, we are testing the same wiring now on the early builds.

we may ammend the instructions to adapt the different wiring so you do not have to use the esp button at all on the early kits like the latest kit.

Scott

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
GSM said:
The wiring on the late builds are different, so the kit is similar with different instructions, we are testing the same wiring now on the early builds.

we may ammend the instructions to adapt the different wiring so you do not have to use the esp button at all on the early kits like the latest kit.

Scott
That would be sweet.

Doyle said:
...lately I've been starting to play with the torque mod and well, lets just say it does what Scott says it does, quite nicely in fact.
Classic understatement if I've ever seen it, Mark - I can sense your smile clear over here. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
torque redistributed

If this is truly the fix, it will be a great mod. I'd love to hear more feedback from actual owners as to the reduction in torque management at the shift. All indications are that the trans/driveline is beefy enough to handle it. I'm sure our 1-2 shift could be quite exciting if it occured without computer intervention!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for the right software

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
If this is truly the fix, it will be a great mod. I'd love to hear more feedback from actual owners as to the reduction in torque management at the shift. All indications are that the trans/driveline is beefy enough to handle it. I'm sure our 1-2 shift could be quite exciting if it occured without computer intervention!...
As much as we'd all like to see the issue you describe be resolved by Scott's excellent mod, Steve, we're going to have to wait for a programmer, at the least, to fix this one.

On the dyno my car, sporting the first GSM torque & fan mod to go on a 5.7L, still gets 120 hp pulled from it by the computer array more times than not. The new Stage II mod will, likewise, be unable to address the hp reduction at tranny shift, as the GSM mods address traction issues, through ABS & ESP, not total torque issues, which are controlled by the engine & transmission computers.

BrilliantBlackHemi, back in post 7 of this thread, describes the torque distinction perfectly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are the implications of this mod and the upcoming programmer.
Will the programmer achieve some/all of the things that this mod does?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts