1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESP / TCS / FAN Modification
2006 , 5.7 L Hemi LX Platform
Hi Everyone,

We have been busy developing so here is the latest , since the early confusion I have stated this in a more exact engineering type explaination of how the systems work on the LX Car's

The LX platform vehicles have a 3 stage system for computer control of the drive train and is much more intrusive on the 5.7 Hemis with out the addition of the 3 stage esp switch(mk25e) found on the 6.1 L SRT models.

The ESP off switch on the 5.7 Hemi's is a 2 stage switch and this is for models built after
8/5/05 equipped with (MK25 abs)

This is what is known as the two-mode ESP. When the ESP Off switch is depressed and quickly released, the system turns off the ESP by a percentage and is still on by a "large percentage" on the 5.7 hemi's

The ESP off on the 5.7 has a large percentage of hold back or “torque management” even when you have ESP “OFF” .

Traction control system (TCS)

This part of the Torque management senses impending wheel spin and applies the brakes on one or more wheels and reduces engine torque output using the (ETC) electronic throttle control to prevent wheel slip during acceleration , in cases of severe wheel slip this system will use the brakes and the throttle control and finally interrogate the ECU to determine what torque out put is at and will “partially close” the throttle blades and reduce timing to execute the “torque reduction” and may affect shifting as a final means of correcting the torque output.

Brake assists system (BAS)

This is part of the Torque management system that applies the brakes with the throttle control so that the computer is not just relaying on one system top achieve the torque management.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GS Motorsports has 2 kits available to defeat all of the computer controls holding back the vehicles when the driver wants to go fast without any computer holdback or reduction in power to the wheels. This user selectable and can be turned on “on the fly” and in no way affects the ABS system and will not throw any “check engine lights”.

This was designed to be a “stealth mod” and requires no drilling or permanent modification.

We have also combined this with a 180 degree thermostat and a Fan Mod that allows the user to turn on the fan when needed to lower engine temps, resulting in the ecu giving the vehicle more performance (more aggressive timing) because of the engine temperature.

#1 05 LX Cars – (charger 300 magnum), built before 7/31/05

#2 06 lx Cars(charger 300 magnum), vehicles built after 8/5/05

We have this Available now and they can be ordered direct or via the web site

Scott Quaranta
www.GSMotorsports.com

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Price seems quite reasonable! However, I found no place on the website to specify kit #1 or #2, only an LX model selector. My '05 300C has an in-service date of 8/4/04, so I would definitely need Kit #1.

·
Registered
120 Posts
GoofyTimL said:
Price seems quite reasonable! However, I found no place on the website to specify kit #1 or #2, only an LX model selector. My '05 300C has an in-service date of 8/4/04, so I would definitely need Kit #1.
You're doing better than I am, as I can't find it on their website at all.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
It's right there on the home page... down a little and to the right of center. You're right I could not find it in the lists of products, etc. And then there it was on the main page by direct link. Go looking again...

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JMatt said:
Scott,

Can you comment on what, if any, effect this mod has on power during shifts?

The shifting on the trans use's the same inputs that we are letting you turn off, with the mod on the shifting is noticeably better and we are able to manually shift the car much better than with all the systems on.

Scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking to order this online today but I still can not find where to check to get either kit #1 or kit #2, anyone else figure it out yet?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry the webmaster is a little slow, you can call us direct and order

the web will be updated today

we are open saturday 9-3pm pst

scott

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just ordered one and it should be here Monday just in time for Christmas...I'll post some feedback as soon as its installed. Thanks Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts