Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. This is an issue I've only experienced a total of 3 times with my 2006 300c, 144,000 miles, only during long road trips. Most recently, 2 times during a vactation trip. Here are the symptoms I experienced.

Road trip over the weekend was approx. 1000 round trip. While driving on the interstate going 75mph, about 150 miles into my trip, I heard a ding and the ETC (red lightning bolt light) started flashing. Shortly after, ETC light stopped flashing and stayed on and the traction control light came on the dash as well. The car started running rough and was hard to keep my speed above 70mph. I pulled off the nearest exit into a gas station, shut the car off and immediately started the car back up. The ETC light and traction control light were gone and I was able to drive off normally without any issues the remainder of the trip.

The the way back home, I had the same thing occur on the interstate, this time, approx. 300 miles into the trip. I did the same thing as before and problem went away and didn't have a bit of trouble driving the rest of the way home.

I've searched the internet and read similar issues people have had with the 2005-2010 300c's...Just wondering what might be going on here and what I could do to fix this so that it does not get worse or become a bigger issue. From what I have gathered, this may be a throttle body problem????

Also...I don't know if this means anything or not, but I was not using the cruise control during the times this problem has happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. This is an issue I've only experienced a total of 3 times with my 2006 300c, 144,000 miles, only during long road trips. Most recently, 2 times during a vactation trip. Here are the symptoms I experienced.

Road trip over the weekend was approx. 1000 round trip. While driving on the interstate going 75mph, about 150 miles into my trip, I heard a ding and the ETC (red lightning bolt light) started flashing. Shortly after, ETC light stopped flashing and stayed on and the traction control light came on the dash as well. The car started running rough and was hard to keep my speed above 70mph. I pulled off the nearest exit into a gas station, shut the car off and immediately started the car back up. The ETC light and traction control light were gone and I was able to drive off normally without any issues the remainder of the trip.

The the way back home, I had the same thing occur on the interstate, this time, approx. 300 miles into the trip. I did the same thing as before and problem went away and didn't have a bit of trouble driving the rest of the way home.

I've searched the internet and read similar issues people have had with the 2005-2010 300c's...Just wondering what might be going on here and what I could do to fix this so that it does not get worse or become a bigger issue. From what I have gathered, this may be a throttle body problem????

Also...I don't know if this means anything or not, but I was not using the cruise control during the times this problem has happen.
Have same issue. Changed throttle body and gas pedal and still the problem remains. might be able to drive a mile or so and then it will start all over again. Were you able to solve your issue??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts