Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Srt8 ETC Light came on and I lost speed from 60 mph to 45 mph. The lower radiator hose blew off and now it's over heating. Took it to the shop and they replaced the fans but my car is still over heating. Could I have a blown head gasket?

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
^^^^^^^^^Agree with MADDOG's thoughts above^^^^^^^^^

Regarding the ETC light, if the vehicle is acting Sluggish / Hesitation / Sag / Stumble,Lack of Power etc, this can be caused by PCM somehow being put into plant mode after a repair is made. Try Turning on the cruise with the Key on Engine off. If the Cruise light does not come on this is also an indicator that the PCM is in the in plant mode. If there are no DTCs dealer will need to install a battery charger on the vehicle then perform the ETC Relearn Routine.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Can a 3 key cycle operation (On/Off, On/Off, On/Off) or a PCM reset (pull the AutoShutOff/PCM) fuse also clear the Plant Mode?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Wait...what???? They replaced the fans? Was this a dealer or an independent shop? Were the fans not working and this was the cause of the overheating? I'm a little curious. It could happen but I hope they didn't take advantage of you.

I still think you have air in the system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to an independent shop who also did a pressure test and said the pressure hand barely dropped. He told me that one of the fans wasn't working but had to replace both of them cause the way they're made. He poured something in it to seal for small cracks if there was one in the gaskets called blue devil or something close to that. Charged me $563.00 and my car is still over heating. Now I've notice water in my tail pipe and a big oil spot underneath my car. This has gone from bad to worse!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts