Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep you read it right. i tried searching the forums so im not the idiot that reposts this. Flex Fuel US HOME - Flex Fuel US has been approved by the EPA to sell E85 conversion kits for the following vehicles.
Dadge Magun, Magnum AWD & Charger, Chrysler300/SRT-8 & 300 AWD.

I seriously cant believe its awesome. The plus side is E85 is 105 octane so more power and the national average for E85 is 3.29 which is supposed to drop 10 cents this month as more plants come online. Im curious if youll be able to use the diablo in conjuction with it. The kit installed is around 1500 which includes the new injectors.

Tell me what you guys think!

·
Registered
255 Posts
i dont think spending 1500$ on a ethanol kit will advantageous any time soon. You do less mileage with ethanol than regular fuel so on top of paying 1500$ you will get less mileage out of a tank.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think spending 1500$ on a ethanol kit will advantageous any time soon. You do less mileage with ethanol than regular fuel so on top of paying 1500$ you will get less mileage out of a tank.
Horse gain...Horse Gain....E85 dropping an average of 10 cents a month.... Gas rising to hit 5.00.....only a matter of time before it will pay for itself

·
Registered
96 Posts
That sounds great if it were true, not saying it isn't. It really wouldn't do me any good since there are only 2 stations that have it within a 200 mile radius. One is 49 miles and the other is 102 miles from me.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
missed it

you may have missed the fact that you must buy a lot more of it due to radical difference in energy content. The poor mileage will offset any savings.

Did you notice the injectors? They're bigger.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
you do realize your MPG will be even crappier, you will not save money with E85 EVER. Your crappy gas milage with it will ultimatly cancel any gain on any cents saved on price per gallon and that wont be even adding the loss of the money you spend on the kit

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
You don't need the $1500 kit, sorry. The Predator can make it all happen. You will need to find someone who knows what they are doing. I can tell you it works, you get 14-18 mpg (you can get a lot less if you want), with just a CAI and 180 t-stat as mods you can make a 6.1 get 407rwhp/419ftlb! 18mpg at 70 mph by the way. But you got to be able to buy the stuff at about a 30% discount to pay if you are worried about that. Check this out: E85 Prices

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
people need to be figuring out how to convert gas powered cars to natural gas/LNG powered cars, well actually there are some commercial semi's and trucks that run on natural gas but the government isnt letting it go mainstream right now, they want ethonol and there messing up big time. ethonal is not the future, if we want to take out oil, natural gas needs to be in our cars. period

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I don't lie...Diablo CMR Tune 393 HP with 92 Octane Costco gas 407hp with E85.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I have read the gas mileage others get and my 14-18 is not that bad. Keep in mind at anytime you can decide to not have your car in red hot performance mode (long distance driving), go buy some gas plug in the tool and switch the program! Not a bad deal, running on corn and sending the cash to our farmers instead of our enemies!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have read the gas mileage others get and my 14-18 is not that bad. Keep in mind at anytime you can decide to not have your car in red hot performance mode (long distance driving), go buy some gas plug in the tool and switch the program! Not a bad deal, running on corn and sending the cash to our farmers instead of our enemies!
if you think food prices are high now, you havent seen nothing yet, if ethonal goes mainstream, you will lose your wallet and then some. ethonal will fuel inflation to hyper inflation and will kill this nation.

if you knew anything about farming and the price of corn futures you would know farmers arent making crap for **** right now

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Ok, now you got everyones attention...you are in California, I am in Minnesota and was in Iowa all day today. Are you sure who you are talking to does not know anything about the price of corn?

Besides the subject of the first post was a $1500 ethanol kit by someone who was asking. This is not a forum about corn. This is about cars and what we can do with them. I hate it when people make political statements without anyone asking them about it!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Ok, now you got everyones attention...you are in California, I am in Minnesota and was in Iowa all day today. Are you sure who you are talking to does not know anything about the price of corn?

Besides the subject of the first post was a $1500 ethanol kit by someone who was asking. This is not a forum about corn. This is about cars and what we can do with them. I hate it when people make political statements without anyone asking them about it!
ok your right wrong thread but that where it leads when people think E85 saves them money.

And if you do know anything about farming and corn futures then you know farmers arent making much of anything right now and most couldnt even grow at the start of the season and now its too late and even if it wasnt too late in the season they still cant grow it in most states. we cant even supply our food supply. corn futures are up over 1 dollar in less than a week. thats not even considering how much fertilizing prices have risen so far and thats no pickle either and all those other lizer names

again i know wrong thread i suppose, done now

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
You don't need the $1500 kit, sorry. The Predator can make it all happen. You will need to find someone who knows what they are doing. I can tell you it works, you get 14-18 mpg (you can get a lot less if you want), with just a CAI and 180 t-stat as mods you can make a 6.1 get 407rwhp/419ftlb! 18mpg at 70 mph by the way. But you got to be able to buy the stuff at about a 30% discount to pay if you are worried about that. Check this out: E85 Prices
In short, the ethanol will eat your fuel pump, injectors, fuel hose and your fuel rail. If you run ethanol you do need to replace parts. The stock parts will work at first, but that stuff eats like a bitch. Companies that make fuel site dispensors and such had to go back to the drawing board after they thought they had parts that would withstand the product. Even underground piping that was ethanol UL tested failed over time.

And everyone else is right, it takes about one and a half gallons of that stuff to equal one gallon of unleaded.

I've driven several cars that are "flex fuel" cars and it actually seemed to have less hp with the ethanol rather than more. And boy did the gas gauge move quickly. Stay away from the crap...

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Ok, but so everyone knows the correct story on corn prices this year; one more word. RAIN

Oh and back on track...thanks Diablo Sports that is one hell of a tool!

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Everyone else is wrong. I have actual facts...does anyone else have the actual data who wants to contradict me?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Ok, but so everyone knows the correct story on corn prices this year; one more word. RAIN

Oh and back on track...thanks Diablo Sports that is one hell of a tool!
so funny
make excusses for corns problems right now whats going to be your excuss for corns price when its 20-50 or even 100 a bush when ethonol is mainstream? huh huh. you think rain effects prices, using corn/ethonol for all vechiles will effect it 100 times worse. itll be the "oil" problem all over again but twice as worse because itll effect all food prices

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.