Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the european 300c Touring Wagon with AWD, and the recent "AWD wheel gap" discussions here really scared me, because I didnt see the AWD in real before I ordered it (back in december). Today I took my camera and went to another dealer in my neighbourhood to take some pictures of both the AWD and RWD.

There is only a very small difference between the RWD and AWD wheel gap. I dont know why the european AWD models are lower compared to the US models?

euro RWD compared to AWD:
[br]
euro RWD compared to AWD:
[br]

euro AWD Hemi:

I'm sorry, the view angle in the pictures are not the same, there was not enough space between the parked cars to take both pictures in the same angle and distance. The only AWD they had there, was the touring wagon, but I'm sure the gap of the AWD sedan is the same and almost not noticeable.

The german product flyer says:

Overall height RWD: 1475mm
Overall height AWD: 1500mm
Difference: 25mm (1")

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been following this discussion here on the forum and from what I understand 1" is in fact the real additional wheel gap in the US models too.

The tires and wheels supplied with the US models are not nice to say the least and I think they're a big part of what people don't like about the AWD.

Do you happen to know what wheels/tires the European AWD are on ?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhm, really?! when I look at the pictures posted by some other members (remember the ebay pics?), the US AWD really looks _much_ higher !?

all models here have the same wheel/rim dimensions, 18x7.5 225/60.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The tires for European 300Cs are Pirelli P6 all-season tires compared to North American Continental Touring Contact tires.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
flexion said:
uhm, really?! when I look at the pictures posted by some other members (remember the ebay pics?), the US AWD really looks _much_ higher !?
You're exactly right, they do look much higher. What I was trying to say is that I think/hope the difference is due to the wheels and tires rather than the US car actually being more highly sprung than the Euro car.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Is that a side marker light on the fender?

Dude. I wan't a side marker light. Is that some aftermarket side marker or does it come from the factory for Euro models? :confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wow, the euros got much better looking wheels though... And the better tires..... At least you get a few things more for the extra $$$.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw, I just noticed, the 300c sedan AWD is not mentioned anywhere on the chrysler.de page. The swiss price list also doesnt contain a sedan AWD version (yet?)..
strange, only the touring wagons are available with AWD here!

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
flexion said:
btw, I just noticed, the 300c sedan AWD is not mentioned anywhere on the chrysler.de page. The swiss price list also doesnt contain a sedan AWD version (yet?)..
strange, only the touring wagons are available with AWD here!
That might explain the apparent height difference...they don't need to accomodate the heavier duty pieces that a hemi requires.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
There is at least one thread on the side marker lane change lights. At least one member put the teardrop 3 series light in his fender and it looks great. I have been reluctant to cut into the sheet metal and will probably go with signal mirrors.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would like to see some pictures!

A pic with a 300C with sider marker binkers

A pic with a 300C with side mirror signals.

When I get some extra dough, I just might. Better yet that might be a sweet heart improvment on a future 07' SRT-8. Those plain paint side mirrors on the 06' SRT-8 aren't saying much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts