Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had nothing to do today so I thought I gonna put in some Euro Style Side Markers. I bought a set on eBay for $18 from a BMW E46. Some drilling and fileing and they in and looking great. Here are some shots.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks great! Im sure there are alot of members wanting to do this mod and Im glad we now have someone pictures. How was the instal?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install was about 1 hour each side. I made a template of the cutout, drilled some holes and filed it out. The lights then just snap in. Wireing was the easy part. Just run the wires to the fron head light and splice it in the turn signal wire.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I put those on my 300M, but then there were already holes for them. Don't think I will take a chance on this C. I do like them for safety reasons though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mikeyjohn said:
I put those on my 300M, but then there were already holes for them. Don't think I will take a chance on this C. I do like them for safety reasons though.
When the 300M came out those lights did'nt even exist.
So you bought a car with holes in the fender and put the lights in yourself ?
Way to go.
I never said you have to put them on. I just like to share what I did.
Like it or not. :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
The holes were behind the emblem on the side of the car. It was a creative use of what was already there! I like the lights MGD...Your placement of them is better than where I planned to put mine. thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Big Na said:
:( :( I was told by by a wise old man rather than say something negative don't say anything at all
Seems like somebody has a thin skin!!!!! The 300M has the holes in the front fender for the european markers and I was able to obtain them and put them on. I like the idea of the side markers but I would not want to drill holes in this car to put them on. What's negative about that. Please lighten up!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
What are European marker lights? Do they blink with the turn signals? If they just light up when the headlights are on then do they duplicate the built-in side marker lights?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
dragon said:
What are European marker lights? Do they blink with the turn signals? If they just light up when the headlights are on then do they duplicate the built-in side marker lights?
These are for safety required in Europe. Specifically if someone is riding along side you say at your rear door, they can't see your rear or front signal and will have no clue when you come into thier lane because you did not check your blind spot. In the DRL thread, we talked adding these lights and ironically the 328 with it's wonderfully shaped lens. I hate the Idea of drilling in the body esp. in Ohio salt country, although I think they are important. In August (so they claim) signal mirrors will be a dealer installed option which are equally effective. I don't like having my door panels removed either, I would hate to induce any rattles. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
MGD said:
Install was about 1 hour each side. I made a template of the cutout, drilled some holes and filed it out. The lights then just snap in. Wireing was the easy part. Just run the wires to the fron head light and splice it in the turn signal wire.
Great work MGD, I am concerned with rust :( , I love these lights. Did you do anything to your holes to protect them. Worst case in Ohio, a new fender in 10 years- Maybe I am overprotective, I just got it yesterday and it is really a special car. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
So they blink with the turn signal then? By the way how come Europe seems more advanced then us us in safety. We invented the car, not them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Safety is big in europe. As for the first Car, we did not build the first Car.

In 1860, Etienne Lenoir of France invented the first four-wheeled vehicle to be powered by a gas engine. It was a two-stroker that employed two concepts which are considered by some today as new -- stratified charging of the fuel mixture by introducing air and gas separately into the combustion chamber, and water injection. Both methods were employed by Lenoir to keep his one-cylinder engine from knocking.
Sorry

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
dragon said:
So they blink with the turn signal then? By the way how come Europe seems more advanced then us us in safety. We invented the car, not them.
They are far more advanced. The roof crush standard in the US is ridiculous. It calls for a metal slab to be lowered on the car's roof weighing 2.5 times the car's weight, the roof must not crush more than 2.5 inches. It has been shown that a rollover may add forces of 4x the car's weight. The Europeans use a dynamic rollover test where the car is tilted on it's side at 45 degrees on a sled moving 30-35 mph and flipped on to concrete and the intregity of the roof and passenger cell is evaluated. Some say "rollover's don't occur that often which misses the point entirely. I have a theorum "everyone knows someone who has flipped a car"!
Case 2. Rear facing infant car seats have only two point fixation and the front end (near the baby's head) is completely free. In a rollover, these seats will rotate 90 degrees to the seat back (anchored at the latch only) Britax (England) is the only company that has recognized this and has a floor anchor strap for rear facing infant car seats. I used a Graco infant seat and fashioned an aftermarket tether strap to anchor to the front seat frame of the X5 and in the Sienna I routed it under the seat and hooked it to the rear tether hook. This locked down the front end of the infant seat with three point fixation and no piroetting up as demonstrated by lifting the seat easily with your hand. I said all that to say I called Graco and asked why they had not addressed this issue and the response should have been we will pass this on to our R&D dept. Instead they said "Britax is a European company and they have a higher safety standard than we do". This is the kind of mentality we have to deal with, from NHTSA and their idiotic air bag regulations (I support air bag use, not our pathetic regulations) to private companies. It is no wonder that Volvo developed the three point seat belt system in 1959 and was not required in US cars for another 10 years.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Euro side marker lights

I wonder what the DC part number is for the side marker lights they send to Europe? Seem if we order them it would look right on the car and not an add on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can't order the Euro side markers from any dealer in the US, unless you have the VIN for an export car. The small amber lights on the export 300 pics look very much like the markers for the 300M. :confused:

On the 300M, as stated here by someone else, the lights just snapped into the keyed hole left when you removed the fender badge. It was an easy mod if you could get the lights (I had a source a while back). Apparently now they are using different fenders for the export cars, so you have to drill holes. Scary! :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts