1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rambit said:
I don't get your post. It's the same info that's been out for months. That 0-100 is in kilometers don't forget, not mph if that's what you're referring to. They're saying 415 HP over there as well. Ours is 425 HP

Rambit
Like it says in the title. Top speed. "Top speed is electronically limited to 274 kph (170 mph)." So the speed limiter is bumped up a bit. US spec cars are speed governed to 155.

I'll never see either 155 or 170 so it makes no difference to me. :)

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
davequick said:
Like it says in the title. Top speed. "Top speed is electronically limited to 274 kph (170 mph)." So the speed limiter is bumped up a bit. US spec cars are speed governed to 155.

I'll never see either 155 or 170 so it makes no difference to me. :)
Yeah, me either. I missed that part about the top speed. If you ever get a chance to go to Germany though, you'll see those speeds for sure and more. No need for ambulances at those speeds.

Rambit

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's interesting that it's limited at 170. There has been a standing agreement among the German manufacturers to limit the top speeds of most of their cars to 155 mph (250 kph).

It's pretty remarkable that modern sedans can reach these speeds, particularly one that starts at $40K; I remember when the Ferrari Daytona GTB4 was released several years ago, it was capable of the unheard-of speed of 173 mph.

Ah, the march of technology.

·
Registered
378 Posts
MikeB said:
It's pretty remarkable that modern sedans can reach these speeds, particularly one that starts at $40K; I remember when the Ferrari Daytona GTB4 was released several years ago, it was capable of the unheard-of speed of 173 mph. Ah, the march of technology.
Gang,

It may be one thing to reach those speeds in a modern sedan. But, it's another to run say a 100+ miles at that speed like you can in the Ferraris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts