Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
The problem is Gizmo that we don't have a government - we have a collection of self serving thieves, frauds and cheats. Oh yes, and in their spare time, liars - with a sprinkling of perverts and certifiable headcases thrown in for good measure. They have no interest whatsoever in the British public - just in looking good making sound bites about Iraq or Burma, Afghanistan or the Middle East in general. We are taxed to keep the "Great" in Great Britain - if we could loose that and accept that we are a small, insignificant country albeit with a wonderful and rich history we would all be so much better off.
I keep telling people to bring on the revolution before I am too old to enjoy it.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Was there not something about pure Bio-diesel damaging our engines? I think all the seals rotted or something. Be very careful on this one.
Cheers John

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cheers John,

I am going to contact CUK and take their advice. It seems Chrysler US are part of some Bio Fuel Group and have Ok'd Bio Fuel for some of their engines. Also Merc are promoting Bio Diesel more now. My main concern is that the warranty could be effected.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cheers John,

I am going to contact CUK and take their advice. It seems Chrysler US are part of some Bio Fuel Group and have Ok'd Bio Fuel for some of their engines. Also Merc are promoting Bio Diesel more now. My main concern is that the warranty could be effected.

not sure how it matches up but allegedly 5% of ALL fuel now has to be bio-fuel by law. I know it's a small amount but I can imagine that if there was any significant risk the warranty claims would be ballistic.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
5% is different from 100% and I am pretty sure I read something somewhere (probably on here) to the effect that pure Bio Fuel would damage the engine. Obviously I could be wrong as it must have been a good few months ago and of course whoever wrote what I read could also have been wrong - but all I am counselling is caution. Anyone doing something different from the norm when dealing with machinery as valuable as our cars should always check thoroughly before proceeding.
Cheers John

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
This was a comment I provided in the earlier biodiesel thread:

"petrol and diesel sold on forecourts will have to include 2.5% biofuel by April. This rises to 3.75% in 2009 and 5% in 2010. Retailers who do not supply the fuel can opt out of the obligation by paying 15p for every litre of fuel from non-renewable sources, but petrol companies that fail to meet targets face tough fines."

I recently read in a newspaper that the April event never happened and the rest of the programme is looking very speculative. Another example of this Government's propensity to open mouth before engaging brain. Apparently, nobody bothered to check on the actual availability of biodiesel on the market before dreaming up these requirements. A bit like the EU fridge disposal fiasco.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts