Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they do not do it justice. Now that I have actually looked one over in person, sat in it, started it, listened to the stereo, played with the seats, looked at the trunk, checked out the tires....WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!

It is so bad..so so bad. Black. What an exhaust sound..wicked. The most impressive thing is the overall look of the car from both inside and out. It is understated yet leaves you wanting much much more. I had never ordered a car from just photos before, but now that I have seen it, it was the right choice. I honestly would not change a thing, with aftermarket stuff. It does not need it. It really looks like a luxury car thats hiding something.

I also noticed a couple of new things. For those who have wondered in these posts if the F1 tires are not available...they are cause this one had em. Also, the wheels are VERY impressive and actually have a small, tasteful logo (SRT8) on them, blended into the chrome. Can't wait to drive it. The salesman, who had driven it from prep over to the dealership, could not say enough about its power during basic driving, relative to the regular C.

By the way, that dealership still has two allocated (there is already vin#s) 06s due in May, unsold. Asking $5k over MSRP.

While we may sit here and stew and think they are ripping people off...think about it this way. This is capitalist America...you don't sell your house for the appraised value necessarily..you get the most you can get. The value is worth what someone will pay, during the acceptable time frame to sell. You may get more, or less than appraised value. These dealers, at least for a while, will have no problem getting a bit more than MSRP, because there are many willing to pay it. If they were asking $65k, not many, if any would. But, this car is worth $45-50K....easily. Proof is in the pudding so to speak.

just an opinion...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Questions

Thanks for first impressions? I have a few questions?,are the seats comfortable,do the tires and wheels fill in fenders,do the brake calipers say Brembo,describe exhaust note.Thanks....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John G said:
Thanks for first impressions? I have a few questions?,are the seats comfortable,do the tires and wheels fill in fenders,do the brake calipers say Brembo,describe exhaust note.Thanks....
The seats are extremely comfortable..they gently rap around you. There was a 300C right next to it, and they felt inadequate after sitting in the SRT8..kinda like they were too soft and not supportive enough on the sides (Previously, I had found them perfectly fine, and I am sure they are..I am just saying... in immediate comparison).

The tires almost completely fill the fenders..just enough left to not distract from the overall lines and be gaudy.

The Brembos are very easy to see when you squat down, including the word BREMBO. The exhaust..well that was my favorite. Very deep, throaty, authoritative, without actually being obnoxious and loud. The best way to describe it that for me, who likes things understated, is that when I hear a really loud exhaust, I go out of my way not to look. When I hear one like this, I HAVE TO LOOK!

·
Registered
440 Posts
John G said:

I sat in one today. The exhaust note was weak in comp to my cat back exhaust with no baffs. The seats rock and I could be comfortable for a long trip and I’m 6’ 1” and 250 Lbs (I’m big). I love the new seats over my C’s. Brakes say Brembo but need red paint and the rims have a really nice ingraved STR.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, from the photos, I really was worried that the interior would look too sporty, or cheap, and not classy like the C. Boy was thatwrong...it is just the opposite. Very upscale, rich in look feel and appointment...sporty, masculine and classy. Again, afterward, the C seemed plastic-ish (please don't be mad at me C owners..I lovethat car too)

·
Registered
174 Posts
i am worried how the mutil-color interior will work? i wish it could all be the charcoal color that the seats are. however, i havent seen it in person so i dont know. i am still a year or so away from owning a new car and i must admit as "in love" with the C as i have been over the last year, the CTS-V has recently crept up on me. i test drove one this weekend for the first time and i was hooked! my father-in-law works for GM so i can use the disount so my delaer said, but i cant get over the lack of backseat space and i dont know if i am sold on a 6speed evryday. the stero also sucks.

i love the looks of the SRT-8 from the outside (from the pics) , but i NEED and WANT to see and sit in one. when someone gets one, that has ordered it, can we some more detailed pics of the car?

the CTS-V with the disount is still just over what i want to pay for...for all my minor annoyences with it. the SRT-8 @ MSRP i think will have me smiling for some time.
good looks, unique styling, A GREAT factory stereo, and plenty of room when need be....that is all i want in a car--that and affordability

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
indyCoder said:
I sat in one today. The exhaust note was weak in comp to my cat back exhaust with no baffs. The seats rock and I could be comfortable for a long trip and I’m 6’ 1” and 250 Lbs (I’m big). I love the new seats over my C’s. Brakes say Brembo but need red paint and the rims have a really nice ingraved STR.
I saw a pic and the word brembo seemed small, is it just the word brembo on the caliper? I also know that red calipers do look neat, but on a classy ride like this, I don't think they would go with the overall theme of the the car........the Magnum srt 8 can get away with them because it is more sporty........just my 2 cents. Please keep the feedback coming!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
I saw a pic and the word brembo seemed small, is it just the word brembo on the caliper? I also know that red calipers do look neat, but on a classy ride like this, I don't think they would go with the overall theme of the the car........the Magnum srt 8 can get away with them because it is more sporty........just my 2 cents. Please keep the feedback coming!
The jury's still out on that as far as I'm concerned. I really like the bling that the red calipers give. I’m also having the SRT in the spoke done in the same red that’s on the rear badge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts