Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

found you !!! i knew there had to be a meeting place for like minded persons ..
well i am into the 4th week of owning a 300 CRD tourer .. AWSOME !!!:arms:

i ran a Audi S4 for 3 years but fancied a change , i did get worried that she is a big girl but after about 30mins that all disappeared ..

anybody know where i can get some roof bars , i see them on the brouchures but no info as yet from the dealer i purchased from ...

laters

·
Registered
519 Posts
Welcome from another ex-Audi owner who moved to a 300; my move was from a cabriolet so in theory quite a jump in size. In reality the 300 is easier to place because I can see the edges of the car! I can't advise on roof bars I'm afraid but there are many of this forum who will try to help.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME to 3CF from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley of the USA! Glad to have you here!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Mostin,
I have never seen the roof bars as an option in the UK - but they seem to be pretty much standard in Europe. You might be best trying through your dealer to see if they can be ordered in from the factory in Austria. You do realise that they are slightly odd looking as they obviously have to stop before you get to the tailgate hinge-line.
Anyway welcome to our happy band here. Browse the site and have a look at things like Auto headlamps and of course EVIC Easter Eggs. Just do a search and you will be amazed at what you find out about your car.
Any problems just ask.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Heyup:fing02:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi Mostin and welcome.
The roof bars are available from Germany and no doubt other european countries, but were never a UK option. The headlining has to be removed to fit them properly if you wish them to be load-bearing, a huuuuuge task I believe! I know of one dealer who has them on his own car because he likes the look of them, but by his own admission they aren't fitted properly so can't be used in anger!

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try going to the Chrysler website & downloading the accessories brochure - there are roof bars , ski/snowboard carriers , roof box, bike carriers. The brochure has the part number so your dealer should be able to give you a price.

Chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
Whoops - noticed you have the tourer. Multi-purpose cross bars (82208614AB) for attaching to the roof rails.

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys !!!!

badger : Roof Lining down !!! ouch ... that fills me with dread , i did that on a Audi Coupe many years ago & it was never the same , funny the dealer never mentioned that !!! still haven't come back with the price yet but don't think i'll chase that one up .... i need something i can "use" not just a show thing ...

ruislip exile : that was going to be my next search on google !!! thanks for that ... if i do get some before i hear from you i'll return the favour ..

laters.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts