Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted a compilation of the '08 300C EVIC "easter egg" screens back in November and have been updating them as new items are discovered. I've decided to clean it up and update it, hopefully this will be useful to all.
w and I'll add your name in.

Please let me know if there are any errors or omissions.

Kudos to: Romli (I think he started it all), dnar... :arms:

To all that have posted information that help make this compilation possible, big thanks! Let me know and I'll add your name to the kudos.

How to Access and Exit
To access the "easter egg" EVIC screens, do the following:

Press and hold the Music Note (♪) key and the Compass key for a few seconds.

Up and Down arrow moves through the screens.

To Exit, just hit the compass key or the page key.

Screen 1

Version Date - Date of version
Version Number - Version number
Part Number - Part number

Screen 2

[Speed] [RPM]
[Engine Temperature]
[Battery Voltage]

Screen 3

TempAVG - Numerical value in degrees F or degrees C
Averaged temperature from raw sensor readings​
TempRAW - Numerical value in degrees F or degrees C
Raw temperature sensor value (instantaneous)​

Last line, no definitive definition but seems to be time counters which might be used in the averaging program.

First number counts up in seconds when the car is in motion. The second number counts up much faster when the car is in motion.

Available Actions:

▸ Resets Average

Screen 4

Compass Raw - Numerical value in degrees
Raw compass reading in degrees from magnetic north​
Oil Press - Numerical value
Oil pressure value in PSI​
Pdl Pos - Numerical percentage value.
Position of the accelerator in %, peddle to the metal = 100%​

Screen 5

MinL - Number
A sensor value associated with the left fuel tank, uncertain what this measures.​
MinR - Number
A sensor value associated with the right fuel tank, uncertain what this measures.​
Lt - Number
Current left fuel tank volume in PINTS (i.e. value divided by 8 = gallons)​
Rt - Number
Current right fuel tank volume in PINTS (i.e. value divided by 8 = gallons)​
19g - Constant
Full tank capacity, 19 gallons.​
Avg - Number
Average value of total fuel volume in PINTS (i.e. value divided by 8 = gallons)​

Screen 6

AutoHLSens - Number

Current value of the light sensor for the automatic headlight system (instantaneous).

Higher Number = Darker
TC - 2 Numbers

First number is a dampening (averaging) value, the higher the number, the more dampening occurs.

i.e. Higher the dampening value, the longer it will take for the lights to come on when it gets dark and longer it will take for the lights to go off when it gets bright. So if you go through a lot of short tunnels and don't want the lights to keep going on and off, increase this value.

Second number is the damped sensor value.

Thld - A number and up to 2 alphabets

Current threshold value. If damped sensor value exceeds this value, lights will come on. If damped sensor value goes below this value, lights will go off.

A = Automatic Headlights On
H = SmartBeam Automatic High Beam System On

HBduty - Numerical Percentage

Shows the current intensity level of the SmartBeam system, 0% = off, 100% = full high beams.

Available Actions:

♪ Increases dampening value (max out then loop back to lowest value)
▸ Increases threshold value (max out then loop back to lowest value)

Screen 7

LastChm - Last Chime (Phrase value)

What caused the last alert chime to go off. i.e. "Brk Fluid" - brake fluid light, "Airbag" airbag light and "ACC" if the adaptive cruise gave you an ATTENTION due to rapid closure and auto-cancel.

Great for alerts that don't leave a "residue" so you can find out what the hell the last ding was trying to tell you.

VTA - Vehicle Theft Alarm (Phrase value)

If alarm was triggered, value indicates the sensor that caused the alarm to go off, i.e. fault code.

Wake - (Phrase value)

Indicates how the car was turned ON, i.e. "CAN Bus" = Remote starter.

VMM 646 - Constant?

Unknown

Screen 8

Current battery voltage bar chart and exact voltage reading.

Screen 9

Fuel economy bar, PERFORMANCE indicates V8 mode, ECONOMY indicates MDS active.

Available Actions:

▸ Displays two additional numbers at the bottom, Average MPG and Instantaneous MPG

♪ Selects an MDS indicator icon which will appear in the regular EVIC Compass screen.

Cycles through the following icons:
  1. FS
  2. FS in a circle
  3. MDS
  4. Leaf graphic
  5. ECO
  6. V4
  7. Blank

Screen 10

Digital Speedometer.

Doesn't seem to work in the 2008s.

Screen 11

0-60mph Acceleration Timer. Will reset automatically if you take more than 10 seconds.

READY will flash when it is ready to go.

Available Actions:

▸ Resets last value or shows current best time.

Adaptive Cruise Control

If you have ACC, when you are in the "easter egg" screens and the ACC status appears, it will have 2 additional numbers showing you the current distance to the object in front of you and the current speed that you are travelling.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Thumbs Up!

Oh and FWIW, on my 07, My digital speedo works, but I can not select a custom MDS Icon to display on the home EVIC screen.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thumbs Up!

Oh and FWIW, on my 07, My digital speedo works, but I can not select a custom MDS Icon to display on the home EVIC screen.
You win some, you lose some huh? :pat:

I should change my subtitle to "King of long posts" huh? :biggrin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great info...thanks for this one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, i was just checking this out in my new 2008, i really wish it would show the digital readout of mph. because the speedometer on the left side behind the wheel is just really hard to see <it's behind my arm> I gotta lean to see the speed i'm traveling.... guess i'll have to adjust how i hold the wheel. (i hold it at the 12 oclock with my left hand.)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Great info, don't mind a "long post" every now and then as long as it has Quality stuff, ... LOL, "king of the LONG POST" sounds um... very vroom-vroom purrr, LOL. It's not the size of the "post" but the information thats in it...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
great post mouse.

i wonder what performance vs. economy mode is in SRT8s then? i assumed it was how hard you were pushing the car, based on tranny adaptives, but that was just a guess.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I tried this on my long trip to North Carolina. I like the digital speedometer. Like others I noticed I could not set a customized icon for the MDS in my 2007 300C.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Does anyones 06 do all this? I know that I don't have ACC or the smart beam but does the 06 show the mds economy ? I don't think so. Anyone..?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Yeah, from all reports the MDS icon is only on the '08's. OTOH, we have a working digital speedo, and for some reason, they don't!

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is fantastic... I owe all of you a big digital pat on the back... I'm going out to my car right now to try it out!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is anyone aware of a way to update the software version for the 06 models so we can get to the 0-60 times and the MDS options?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Has Any One Used The Info. From Screen #6 , To Actvate Drl? Is This Posable To Do On Our Lx Cars Here In The Us?
From what I've read, that's not possible. It's do-able only with the use of a StarScan tool (the Chrysler diagnostics and firmware-updating computer) most usually at a dealership (unless you know a private party that owns one).

See these threads:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/eu...20246-enabling-daytime-running-lamps-drl.html

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/12136-drl-mystery-solved-w-tech-instrux.html

1 - 20 of 157 Posts