Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I have been tirelessly searching for a hack or mod allowing me to see when the MDS was activated on my '06 300C. After trying repeatedly to access the "secret" EVIC menus and turn on the MDS notification, I came across this post: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/performance-general-discussion/4984-mds-indicator-light.html
It says that '05-'06 models didn't have that feature in the EVIC and goes through an alternative, however the link to the DIY is broken.

My questions are:
1. Is there no way to hack or upgrade the EVIC to include an indicator for the MDS?
2. Can anyone point me to a DIY tutorial of installation of an indicator light?

Thank you so much for all your help!

Chris

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was thinking about this same thing the other day. I would be interested in this mod as well. I think the 2012 models have an econ light or something on the dash.

Any idiot can build it strong, it's an engineers job to build it light.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
300fitness/funky d, et al:

I have a Word document DIY that I prepared a few years ago when I did my MDS indicator mod. It's 99% complete, with pictures and instructions. The only thing I haven't completed is filling in the Radio Shack catalog number for the LED. If you know anything about LEDs you can figure it out for yourself. Or I could look up the number on-line and finish the write-up.

If you'd like you may PM me your e-mail address and I'll reply e-mail it to you.

PS - I just looked up the LED on Radio Shack's website and edited my write-up, so it's ready to go anytime.
Here's what the end result looks like in action:

Subsequently, some 18K miles later, I changed the green LED shown for a yellow one.

Reactions: funky d

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
300fitness/funky d, et al:

I have a Word document DIY that I prepared a few years ago when I did my MDS indicator mod. It's 99% complete, with pictures and instructions. The only thing I haven't completed is filling in the Radio Shack catalog number for the LED. If you know anything about LEDs you can figure it out for yourself. Or I could look up the number on-line and finish the write-up.

If you'd like you may PM me your e-mail address and I'll reply e-mail it to you.

PS - I just looked up the LED on Radio Shack's website and edited my write-up, so it's ready to go anytime.
Here's what the end result looks like in action:

Subsequently, some 18K miles later, I changed the green LED shown for a yellow one.
Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for with a nice, CLEAN installation! However, why did you switch to yellow? I was thinking Eco=green, yellow =caution. Is it just to make it catch your eye more?
Thanks again many times over!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for with a nice, CLEAN installation! However, why did you switch to yellow? I was thinking Eco=green, yellow =caution. Is it just to make it catch your eye more?
Thanks again many times over!
Personal preference I guess. The green seemed to glared more off of the instument cluster than I liked. I actually deleted the LED holder and went with just a yellow LED mounted straight into the surround.

Check your personal messages: I need your e-mail address to send you the write-up.

Here's a picture of the yellow LED installation taken at night with the ESP turned off as indicated by the yellow symbol to the extreme right:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts