Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after 4 years of driving around in my 400LS i was dumb enough to have it registered in me Ex's name.:pat: thats the bad news no more lex.

The good news I just picked up a 2 year old 300c with 70k on it. The car drives nice handles better than the lex and torquier but..:fing02:

at highway speeds something feels strange in the front end. On some highway bumps i get a strange resonance in the steering wheel (does not feel like tire balance) more like shocks or bushings something like that.

I put it up on the lift everything seemed tight. the shocks seem to work well, so if anyone has more experience with this car and knows of any "soft spots" in the suspension let me know.

My first step was to change out the shocks. Any recomendations?? Not looking for anything too stiff...

thanks to all..

Added ++++++++++++++++++++

This might be the bump steer that some people talked about. If thats the case what would be a quick fix without making the ride to harsh.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Don't have any answers for you on your question because I've never experiences that behaviour with three different LXs. However, I do wan to say WELCOME to 3CF from our West Virignia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the rods seem tight, the one thing i did not check were the strut mounts, The bumpers are getting painted so I will not be able to check it out until wed.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Have you checked the tie rods?
^^^^^^
what he says,
I had the same problem,had it fixed,I got it again and I found I had slight play in steering rack,had it replaced(all under warranty),no problems anymore

1 - 5 of 5 Posts