Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

The winter mod bug has bit me again and I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust.

I am a real fan of the older sounding muscle cars and the "gurgling" at idle. I'm also trying to stay away from any euro sounding exhaust.

I was actaully looking at SLP Loudmouth or Loudmouth II. How loud are these exhausts? What is the difference between them? I want it to be loud and mean but still quiet enough that it won't give me a headache after 5 hours on the highway.

Cheers!

·
Registered
883 Posts
this is the loudmouth II...sorry for crappy vid....I want to get a better one when weather gets better and od some wot runs...the difference is the resonators on the two...which there isnt much of one on mine...but the lm1 is a bit louder.I must warn you the drone with the mds is pretty bad at cruising speeds.I turned my mds off with predator because of the drone.But dont get me wrong I LOVE This exhaust...it sounds fierce here you go
Video of loudmouth II - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a custom cat back exhaust from RDP which I love.

I have two crappy vids here - Index of /movies/RedcliffeDyno

But I will take more in a couple of weeks when I get home. I found the MDS didn't make a huge difference with mine just a bit of a change of note.

Cruising along it is not loud in the cabin....does get pretty loud around the 100-110kmph mark but then quietens again. Unfortuantly I haven't had a chance to hear it roar from the outside but I have been told it sounds great.

Here are a couple of vids from out side of my car where you can hear the exhaust.

YouTube - 300c 5.7 at willowbank Raceway

YouTube - ohnoes300c's Channel - Click on the one called 2006 300C V8 Hemi - Pusbum 279.8 rwhp

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the SLP I on my charger and it was loud!! Very awesome sounding, except the MDS drone was very bad! I am currently doing a set-up with Flowmaster Super 44's.

·
Registered
266 Posts
you should take a look at the JBA catback. its all stainless steel, and has a great, old muscle car sound to it. i have it on my 5.7 c, and it turns heads and scares women and children. it does have some drone, but if you keep the radio on it pretty much cancels it out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
One of the best sounding I've heard is simply removing the muffler and replacing with straight pipe while leaving the resonators in place. Nice growl and burble but yet reported no drone. Best is the low cost, around $100 at a local muffler shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts