Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the LMI Hammer intake on my 2011 300c AWD. Corsa Extreme Exhaust should be arriving early next week. I am too excited not to ask any of you guys if you have a similar set up and how the two complement one another. How do they sound?

I already have a custom diablo tune and I have to say the CAI sounds mean and I do feel a quicker throttle response(just slightly...maybe in my head). not interested in numbers on a dyno, just the feeling. It feels and sounds awesome.

I also have a Mishimoto 180 degree t-stat waiting for me to install. Should be this weekend. With my set up, do I need to adjust anything after the install? What exactly do I change on my Diablo Intune, and how do I do it without changing my entire custom tune? Along with my other bolt ons, what am I to expect from the tstat, or is it just behind the scenes?

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
What exactly do you mean when you say that you have a "custom" Diablo tune? Do you mean one of diablo's canned tuned, a tune by someone like Johan who tunes via data logging, or a dyno tune? If you just have a canned Diablo tune then you will not need to do anything with your new CAI and exhaust. If it's the others than you should have your tune updated to make use of your better air flow.

As far as the 180 degree stat, it's not about adding power, it's about keeping the engine cool so that you don't loose power. You will need to change your fan settings with the tuner. You should be able to do this without resetting the tuner. Here are the suggested fan settings from HHPs website for a 180 Degree stat.

RECOMMENDED FAN SETTINGS FOR USE WITH THE DIABLO TUNING:

In order to take full advantage of your HHP 180 degree thermostat, on applicable vehicles with adjustable fan settings, we recommend the following fan temperature adjustments on your Diablosport tuner. Set All 9 Fan Settings (both Air Condition On and AC Off) to:

All HS (High Speed) Fan Settings to 194 Degrees
All LS (Low Speed) Fan Settings to 189 Degrees
All MS (Med. Speed) Fan Settings to 192 Degrees

*Failure to set your fan settings at these higher temps will result in your fans constantly running and can cause your fan motors to burn out prematurely.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great that is exactly what I needed to hear about the fan settings. As to answer your question, I have a diablo tuner and had a custom tune created by HemiFever based on data logging. I love the tune. It totally changes the feel of the car. What would I expect from a dyno tune? when and why would this be needed. Like I said, I am only concerned with how fun it feels to drive.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do I do that. not sure whether to go straight to adjust parameters or go into write and to quick adjust. It is on a diablo sport intune dcx

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
See if you have this menu tree:

Performance Tunes > Diablo Tunes ( > {current tune name} > Modify Tune > Modify Parameters.

Don't change anything just look for that menu.

If you don't find it, email HemiFever or DiabloSport for instructions

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed my 180 degree thermostat by Mishimoto today. After driving around, not too aggressive, my coolant temp read up to 190. I thought it should be hovering around 180. I do have my fans set to the suggestion above. Any insight as to why this is happening.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
186 is the usual operating temp for a 180 stat... 190 on a warm day our in traffic...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks. That makes me feel better. I assume there is a lag in when the coolant starts to have its effect. That makes sense. So if my t stat was not opening or was not working properly, I would definitely be over 190 driving around for an hour pretty aggressively, right?

·
Registered
103 Posts
thanks. That makes me feel better. I assume there is a lag in when the coolant starts to have its effect. That makes sense. So if my t stat was not opening or was not working properly, I would definitely be over 190 driving around for an hour pretty aggressively, right?
Normally you would be about 208-210.

Reactions: silver06hemic
1 - 11 of 11 Posts