Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Been a while since I blew my own engine on my 12' 300s 3.6. Well I finally decided to swap it out for a used engine amd now she's back to how she was before I put hands in her. Since then, I slapped on a borla atak on it amd love it, however, the other day when I finally got myself to floor it, I heard fart sound when it changed gears, mine you, I was entering a freeway and it was empty. It did it out of 1st amd 2nd gears, by the 3rd gear the rpms were lower therefore it didnt make that sound. I remember this soind from before I blew the original engine, but never got around to askimg in thos forum. Has anyone else heard this sound out of thier pentastar vehicles while flooring it?

I just want to make sure that it isn't something harmful that needs to get fixed or is it a mormal sound. If I remember correctly, it could have started when I added the mopar CAI, which was before I blew the engine.

Current settings
12' 300S 3.6
8sp
Mopar cai
Borla atak
Diablo 91 tune

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So today I decided to load my old overkill tune on my car and now the fart sound when at wot habe gone away. Maybe its the tune or who knows. The original tune makes tye fart sound, the diablo 87 and 91 tunes make the fart sound, but the overkill 87 amd 91 tunes does not. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did feel the reducrion with the original and the diablo tunes, and a more firmer shift with the overkill tunes. Now it leaves me wondering if that will hurt or shorten the life span of the transmission....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts