Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the day is soon approaching when I will have the keys to my brand new 2008 300 Touring AWD. The very first thing I'd like to do is a mean sounding dual exhaust. Now, I had to opt for the 3.5L cause gas prices such too much and I want to ensure I get a good exhaust and not trip any lame CEL's. My first thought for a custom exhaust would be to replace the stock system with a highflow cat, baffled resonator, and approx 3" dual pipes out the back with no mufflers. (hence the baffled resonator) I am 100% new to mopar and know absolutely nothing about V6+ performance, so :scared: lol pls be kind ;) For an intake I'd much like to find a full cold air intake for a little extra torque over the short ram which sucks up warm/stale engine bay air. Also, if anyone knows anywhere I can get a performance chip for it I'd be much greatful. (pending the use of higher octane fuel)

·
Registered
465 Posts
3" exhaust is too big for a V6. i would go 2 1/2 which is stock size for that. there are a few exhaust kits for the V6 (like zoomers) so do a search for that. as for performance chips, i dont know if one is out for the V6 yet? i have the V8 so i cant tell you for sure. i would do a search on that as well. as for the cold air intake, go with AFE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya but i want something that sounds really nice.....I'm driving a 2.0L engine now with a 2.5" exhaust and 3.5" muffler tip.......So I figure for a custom 3.5L exhaust having a highflow cat+baffled resonator+3" stainless steel pipes would sound awsome.....where did I go wrong???

·
Registered
465 Posts
2 1/2" exhaust is pretty big for a 2.0 engine. you would drop quite a bit of torque through the tubes. i would go with that borla system for the 3.5

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've also located a chip for the 3.5L as well, I'm damn excited to get this 300 lol i've already got a growing mod list and I don't even have the keys yet.

-Intake
-Exhaust
-HID's
-Grille
-Underglow (blue accent LED's+2tubes)
-Interior floor accents with red LED's
-Performance chip
-Lowering springs
-Rims/Rubber
-Strut bars/sway bars(pending I can find some performance aftermarket ones)
-Double limo tint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lol none taken, but lol, no offence, but it's a Hyundai too, the clip doesn't do it justice tho, in-person, I've been told it sounds like a V6. But i'm 6foot2 and 220lbs, i cannot ever get comfortable in a compact car so lol the 300 was a natural move for me......tho it's looking more and more like the dealership is gunna have to factory order me one :( I dun wanna wait 2 months

1 - 11 of 11 Posts