Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello is this forum still alive? ::biggrin::

With my new car warranty ending in a matter of weeks it's time to butcher my exhaust but I'm having difficulty nailing down a choice of what I want and what will even work on my SRT.
Y'see mine is the 8 speed with the electronic active exhaust instead of the pressure driven valves from the previous Gen2 model, and I'm lead to believe it will throw up error codes if I try to delete these by installing a full catback system. There's no Australian based aftermarket options out there yet that cater to my concerns (unless I do the extra step of cutting a small section out of an aftermarket system to keep the valves in place), so for inspiration I've been looking at exhaust mods installed on Scatpack and other recent model 392 Chargers/Challengers in the USA.

So here is what I'm leaning towards so far:
- Not so much a mid muffler delete but swapping them for some sort of bullet muffler (Dynomax etc)
- That above in combo with an axle back system maybe (or would that be way too loud?)

Any other suggestions?

Also, are the pipes on the newer model SRT's still the same diameter? Are they 2.75" or are they 3" now?

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
still 2.75", forget the catbacks, waste of money when all you need are the bullet muffler type thing. My dynomax in place of the standard mufflers is way loud. Perfect inside the car but holy sh!t when you step on it.... I can't figure how I haven't been arrested yet. No need for any changes beyond that, axel back remains the same. It's perfect like that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you've got Dynomax bullets where the mid-mufflers ordinarily be, right?

Dunno why axle back systems like the Borla are so friggin expensive here in Australia. I'm not finding many alternative options.
There's the Blastin Bobs, which my friend was SUPPOSED to bring back from the states for me but he didn't. Just as well I guess, as the drone would be evident.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
What sort of mufflers can you get domestically in 2.75" size?

Magnaflow is a good choice for these cars and they may be a viable alternative. You don't need to replace the entire catback system as it is formed very well with good materials.

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
So you've got Dynomax bullets where the mid-mufflers ordinarily be, right?

Dunno why axle back systems like the Borla are so friggin expensive here in Australia. I'm not finding many alternative options.
There's the Blastin Bobs, which my friend was SUPPOSED to bring back from the states for me but he didn't. Just as well I guess, as the drone would be evident.

The Dynomax bullets replace the mid mufflers, they don't make a lot of difference to a straight through pipe muffler delete but I feel they just remove a bit of the ugly raspiness, which is fine if you don't mind sounding like a Lebo driving a merc around Merrylands. ;) I've no doubt a local shop could use something similar to the dynomax if you don't want to wait for the shipment from US. Sound is awesome, you will love it. Leave everything else as it is.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok then, link us to the bullets. How long are they and what is the inlet size?

What are some of the other options as far as bullet/hotdog straight through mufflers go?

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
It's all good Koooop, no problem at highway speed. Different for a '12 though. Plenty of vids on You Tube for a mid muffler delete on a '15+ 6.4 charger or challenger.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
It's all good Koooop, no problem at highway speed. Different for a '12 though. Plenty of vids on You Tube for a mid muffler delete on a '15+ 6.4 charger or challenger.
I’m kind of wanting a bit more noise, but only out the back of the car. I think it’s time to figure out which mod to do to my exhaust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts