Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loking at getting the Blastin Bob's 7 DB kit but I've done some reading and they don't seem to Improve the performance just the sound. What kind of gains could I expect from a full cat back system. I also have to keep in mind it's my wifes car so I don't want to spend to much on it.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep, mostly sound, but that is lacking in the OEM system..

Exhaust by itself isn't the best performance mod. I imagine a good catback with tuning via Predator might net 5-10 RWHP, if that.

The above combo with simple head work, maybe a cam change, proper exhaust combination might net 50 or more RWHP (elaborate upgrades can get you more, of course). Its about the system and how it works together. Exhaust is finicky... you kind of have to go with an established combo... or else you need to run dyno pulls on a couple of different combos to get the right one for your particualr setup..

My .02... someone else will give theirs soon. Maybe look around the site and see what's listed
here: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/

Bottom line... looking for sound... BBobs is a good deal for 100-150 bucks. If you want more performance, look at doing some minor airflow changes with a tuned exhaust.... check out our supporting vendors, many have experience in this alley..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm loking at getting the Blastin Bob's 7 DB kit but I've done some reading and they don't seem to Improve the performance just the sound. What kind of gains could I expect from a full cat back system. I also have to keep in mind it's my wifes car so I don't want to spend to much on it.
What problems would I encounter with just taking off the resinators
Ralph in New Jersey 06 chrysler srt8

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
The advantage to BBobs versions are they are tuned to a certain DB level (and tested), and you can pick your choice of tips. Otherwise, you can just cut the resonators off and weld some tube... pic your own tips and be ok; but this way you might get a louder note and more exhaust drone at speed than a tested version...

·
Registered
64 Posts
just cut the resonators off and weld some tube
What do you think the various Blastin' Bob's kits do? They get rid of the resonators and replace them with a piece of pipe and a tip. It ain't rocket science.

I had the local muffler shop cut off my resonators, fit up two pieces of pipe and added a couple of Magnaflow tips (because they looked nice) and was done in a half-hour. If I remember correctly it cost me about $80.

I have a nice rumble below 2,000 RPM, no drone on the highway at 70 mph and nice throaty roar when I step on the loud pedal. What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size is the stock pipe 2 1/4"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts