Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain the difference between the Zoomers, Borla and Magnaflow exhaust systems?

I am confused by the manufacture websites and then all the differing feedback on this board.

What kind of exhaust system does everyone have?
Z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
i'd like to hear feedback too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I had a Zoomers on my RT.... was very happy with it.

I now have a Magnaflow on my SRT8, and am very happy with it as well. I probably would have stuck with the Zoomers (since I had a good experience with it), but the price difference between the 2 was HUGE! Hennessey offers a KILLER price on the Magnaflow......

My .02,

--Bo


Zephion said:
Can someone please explain the difference between the Zoomers, Borla and Magnaflow exhaust systems?

I am confused by the manufacture websites and then all the differing feedback on this board.

What kind of exhaust system does everyone have?
Z
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
239 Posts
Ahbizmal said:
but um... what is the differnence? Sound? Airflow? ect ect??? :confused: Help us out here...
Exhaust purchases seem to be very subjective...everyone has different tastes as far as looks and sound.. These seem to be the most important things when choosing a brand. The brands you mentioned all make horsepower and torque some more some less... but when it comes right down to it...Zoomers is your only choice! LOL... All kidding aside, for more help with your decision making do a search of all the brands you mentioned and you will see what your fellow members think and perhaps that will answer some of your many questions...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
zephion and srtdan...

I run the Magnaflow...
why?
louder than stock
more growl...
louder than the Borla.
and way cheaper than the Zoomers...
who needs polished stainless all the way unless "showing"
cool feature if you have mirrors under your car in the parking lot...
I drive my car...
I don't "show"...
Thus, I saved major dough...

srtdan - I am in San Diego - if you get down this way - I'll meet you so you can hear - and if I come up that way - I'll try and remember to PM you so you can hear them... I should be in the South OC area next week sometime...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Zephion said:
Can someone please explain the difference between the Zoomers, Borla and Magnaflow exhaust systems?

I am confused by the manufacture websites and then all the differing feedback on this board.

What kind of exhaust system does everyone have?
Z
Zoomers...are worth the $.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
They both sound great to me. The Magnaflow is stainless all the way and the mufflers are all polished. What am I missing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
How is the drone factor when cruising at 60-75mph with either the Zoomers or Magnaflows? I have seen posts from more that one forum member that these aftermarket exhaust drove them to "headache" levels after an extended cruise at one speed. Please advise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Exhaust

Stephen06SRT8 said:
How is the drone factor when cruising at 60-75mph with either the Zoomers or Magnaflows? I have seen posts from more that one forum member that these aftermarket exhaust drove them to "headache" levels after an extended cruise at one speed. Please advise.

I have the Magnaflows because I wanna be just like Gimpy (aka Cbutler32)!

Best way to compare exhausts is in person. Go to a Meet & Greet & listen for yourself. They all sound great but different.

Regarding the drone: If your stock SRT-8 exhaust is almost giving you a headache, then yes it could push you over the edge. Me? I fold the backseats down and/or open the windows to hear that sweet hemi song!


Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Totally happy with MagnaFlows. Good price, nice sound, & great customer service. I installed the kit myself and fit was excellent. Polished in all the right places, in fact the mid-muffler did not even need polishing since you can not easily see it.
My main reason for the purchase was sound and a few hp, however the stock SRT8 exhaust was taking on a nice sound of its own after a few hundred miles.
I have bought different systems from a few manufactures. Can not go wrong with MagnaFlow for this application if you like that 60s muscle car tone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Magnaflows Are Great

on my 5.7

Price was great through A TBYRNE group buy as well.

Local Meineke shop installed for $ 125.00

and IMHO they look and sound great.

If you dont like the occasional drone at mid speed, leave it in 4th. (If you have to worry about gas mielage. buy a hybrid)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
chasb said:
on my 5.7

Price was great through A TBYRNE group buy as well.

Local Meineke shop installed for $ 125.00

and IMHO they look and sound great.

If you dont like the occasional drone at mid speed, leave it in 4th. (If you have to worry about gas mielage. buy a hybrid)


Now that the exhaust is done, time to paint the house :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
cbutler,thanks id like to hear you car somtime.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top