Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been a very heavily debated topic...

I want to know what the "best bang for buck" exhaust is out there...

I am going to get hi flow cats, and I am deciding if the price tag on the corsa is really worth it...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
If I were to buy a new exhaust, I would go with the Corsa's.

I buy based on reviews, and my thoughts of course, and Corsa's have a 99% positive review on the 300 series...

Be great if you could check out a member's ride with the exhaust you want to purchase.....

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you want "best bang for the buck" AND you like the old school deep throaty exhaust, go with the magnaflows. If you want to spend twice as much for the same hp improvement, and have an exhaust that is barely louder than stock go for the corsa.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep, depends on what you want to achieve (and will tolerate) sound wise...... I should've included that... thanks Topfuel..

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well, mine is pretty loud, but I have the JBA and it cost me about $400 or $450 I think on sale a year and a half ago. I still haven't been out of the car yet when somone else is in it and actually hit the throttle long and hard (wife is too dang chicken), but I'll bet it can be heard quite a ways off. I have some sound bites on youtube but I don't recall how they are listed there. Try referencing 300c exhaust and JBA and srt8 and see what you come up with. If my handle there is albow, then just check that first but I don't recall.

·
Registered
138 Posts
magnaflow is the best for the price.
i like the sound on highway,a little bit more than a stock.
a beautiful sound if you like travel.
p.s.put a cold air with you new exaust:fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
If you want "best bang for the buck" AND you like the old school deep throaty exhaust, go with the magnaflows. If you want to spend twice as much for the same hp improvement, and have an exhaust that is barely louder than stock go for the corsa.
Cosra is barely louder than stock only when you are driving softly. When you drive aggressive or even semi aggressive it sounds like very high HP ride, and it sounds very nice. And then when you are at WOT it is un-real. At wide open throttle it sounds like a 800+ HP monster.

The look is much better than Magnaflow from the drivers view behind you. The Corsa has a real nice tube rear muffler look with an outstanding tip. While the Magnaflow has a square looking bulky muffler that, IMO, looks un-natural.

The Corsa is great for all types of driving while the Magnaflow has nasty drone at cruising speeds. Going for a long road trip with Corsa is awesome...while with Magnaflow you want to shoot yourself after the first 200 miles.

I've seen guys get rid of the Magnaflows to go Corsa....but I've not seen any Corsa guys go to Magnaflow. I think that says a lot!

Spend the little extra and get what you paid for. Go Corsa and never look back:fing02:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Cosra is barely louder than stock only when you are driving softly. When you drive aggressive or even semi aggressive it sounds like very high HP ride, and it sounds very nice. And then when you are at WOT it is un-real. At wide open throttle it sounds like a 800+ HP monster.

The look is much better than Magnaflow from the drivers view behind you. The Corsa has a real nice tube rear muffler look with an outstanding tip. While the Magnaflow has a square looking bulky muffler that, IMO, looks un-natural.

The Corsa is great for all types of driving while the Magnaflow has nasty drone at cruising speeds. Going for a long road trip with Corsa is awesome...while with Magnaflow you want to shoot yourself after the first 200 miles.

I've seen guys get rid of the Magnaflows to go Corsa....but I've not seen any Corsa guys go to Magnaflow. I think that says a lot!

Spend the little extra and get what you paid for. Go Corsa and never look back:fing02:
I would go to magnaflow if I found a good deal on them. I hate how queit these corsas are. I do go WOT and its not that loud. My friend rode in my car that has the magnaflows. I told him a few weeks ago I put them on. I didn't say anything at first to see if he'd comment. After a few minutes I asked him what he thought of my exhaust and he said "oh, I didn't realize you had it on."
His magnaflow doesn't drone, its just that nice deep throaty V8 sound like in my old 65 GTO with headers and 2 chamber flows. Corsa is like the GTO with the stock exhaust. The guy across the street from me has an older 5.0 mustang with a Saleen stage one exhaust. Even his car sounds meaner than mine!:pat:
So, if you like it loud=magnaflow. If you want nice and quiet stay stock (or spend $1300 on corsa). Even the reso delete is louder than the corsa.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would go to magnaflow if I found a good deal on them. I hate how queit these corsas are. I do go WOT and its not that loud. My friend rode in my car that has the magnaflows. I told him a few weeks ago I put them on. I didn't say anything at first to see if he'd comment. After a few minutes I asked him what he thought of my exhaust and he said "oh, I didn't realize you had it on."
His magnaflow doesn't drone, its just that nice deep throaty V8 sound like in my old 65 GTO with headers and 2 chamber flows. Corsa is like the GTO with the stock exhaust. The guy across the street from me has an older 5.0 mustang with a Saleen stage one exhaust. Even his car sounds meaner than mine!:pat:
So, if you like it loud=magnaflow. If you want nice and quiet stay stock (or spend $1300 on corsa). Even the reso delete is louder than the corsa.

Strange, my friend has Corsa on his Srt8 and I could hear the sound of the exhaust miles away :dunno: but you're right it doesn't give you the Mustang V8 sound but for me Corsa would solve the MDS drone issue ... and you're lucky having the SRT, you can install almost everything without worrying about the drone problem :biggrin:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Corsa's on two vehicles, I like the sound and quality. It all depends on what kind of sound you want and if you don't mind drone which I've heard on friend's different kind of exhausts! One person's drone is another's rumble!:biggrin:
Also, another thing is if you can afford a $1,000 set of exhausts! What it comes down to, is individual taste and money! Best thing to do is listen to the ones you are cosidering!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
You could sell your Corsa's and buy your Magnaflow's so what are you wating on? And of course your friend with Magnaflow's did not notice the Corsa when driving in your car. He's used to that nasty drone - which Corsa does not sport.

I have highflow cats and a tune so maybe that's the difference of making Corsa louder. I have two close friends that have SRT8's with Magnaflow. Both of them have a very heavy drone. And another friend was explaining a story about driving from California to AZ and the drone got to him so bad he had to pull into the rest-stop just to get his wits back.

During conversations while driving with clients he has to put the car in another gear (lower) to cancel out the drone just to carry out the conversation. To some people that's okay, I personally don't care of that type of performance.

My car at wot is just as loud as my other friends' Magnaflows. I race them all the time. I also saw a photo (here) of Magnaflows rusting real bad so I have a question about the quality.

In the end it does boil down to each persons personal taste. I can only write the facts that I have noted in the two years I was searching for the perfect exhaust. In every catigory, other than noise and drone, the Corsa kept beating out all exhausts.

As for hp I have not seen any apples to apples tests. When I put my Corsa's on I dynod and got 8 HP gain. After that I put on my highflow cats and got 18 hp gain. That was with a very quick canned tune as I did not have time to dial it in.

The real test is at the track. After installing the proper tune, highflows and the Corsa exhaust I went from consistent 12.4's to 11.99 -12.001.

Now for personal opinion. I feel that these cars are sleeker and more perfectly shaped than any other car you mention. They are not circa 60's GTO's, they are not stage II Mustangs...they are better and more stealth and sleek. They deserve the sleeker and more stealth exhaust to go with that blood line, and that's ONE of the reasons I chose and choose Corsa.

Moose.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hey Moose,
Do you have stock in Corsa? J/k, but seriously, I'm not saying they suck or anything. They're just quiet. Magnaflow are half the price. Both systems perform just as well for hp gains which are minimal. 10 hp on a 425 hp motor is nothing. If you're going to spend money for exhaust make sure you get the one for your sound taste. Loud=magnaflow. Queit, but a little louder than stock=corsa.

I offered to trade my corsas for a magnaflow, but it seems people were worried they were tweaked. I bought the system from Cleveland pick a part for $300 shipped. It was off a wrecked car and there are a few dings and scrapes, but it lined up perfect and you can't even tell now that its on.

I think your hi flow cats make a difference as I've seen several posts with people running those hi flows on a stock exhaust and claiming more noticeable difference than any cat back in hp and quite noticeable sound too.

BTW...I was talking to my friend on my bluetooth in my SRT8 with corsa and he was on his bluetooth in his srt8 with magnaflows. We were both on the freeway, he did a WOT and he couldn't hear me and I heard his car ROAR. I did a WOT and he could hear me just fine and snickered "nice exhaust." The corsa aren't nearly as loud WOT, idle, mid range or any range as the magnaflow. Maybe corsa with hiflow cats can compare, but not cat back.

If I can find a set of 300c SRT8 midpipes I'll add some hiflows...need to find out which ones I have and see if I can trade someone...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Moose,
Do you have stock in Corsa? J/k, but seriously, I'm not saying they suck or anything. They're just quiet. Magnaflow are half the price. Both systems perform just as well for hp gains which are minimal. 10 hp on a 425 hp motor is nothing. If you're going to spend money for exhaust make sure you get the one for your sound taste. Loud=magnaflow. Queit, but a little louder than stock=corsa.

I offered to trade my corsas for a magnaflow, but it seems people were worried they were tweaked. I bought the system from Cleveland pick a part for $300 shipped. It was off a wrecked car and there are a few dings and scrapes, but it lined up perfect and you can't even tell now that its on.

I think your hi flow cats make a difference as I've seen several posts with people running those hi flows on a stock exhaust and claiming more noticeable difference than any cat back in hp and quite noticeable sound too.

BTW...I was talking to my friend on my bluetooth in my SRT8 with corsa and he was on his bluetooth in his srt8 with magnaflows. We were both on the freeway, he did a WOT and he couldn't hear me and I heard his car ROAR. I did a WOT and he could hear me just fine and snickered "nice exhaust." The corsa aren't nearly as loud WOT, idle, mid range or any range as the magnaflow. Maybe corsa with hiflow cats can compare, but not cat back.

If I can find a set of 300c SRT8 midpipes I'll add some hiflows...need to find out which ones I have and see if I can trade someone...
Having just put a set of MF high-flow cats and Corsa catback on a week ago, I have to say that they are wicked-loud at WOT. Even the shop was in awe at them. I'm sure the cats make a difference tho. Nice bark at startup. Louder than stock at idle. At 1500-2000 rpm, you know they are there, but barely, with zero drone. But step on it, and you've just poked the lion in the eye! I made the guy in the lane next to me drop his phone and fill his shorts after punching it coming out of the shop.
This exhaust defines the word 'sleeper'. Build quality is great too. Wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What about Zoomers....Ive posted about them and really want to hear them on a SRT8 all sound clips sound good for Zoomers.....If I thought that there wouuld not be drone I would go magnaflow...I need to ride with someone that has a MF system...anyone coming to the Columbus spring meet and greet with MF?

Jaybo

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think the perfect solution to all these cat back questions are E-Cutouts...you get the best of both worlds....but the corsa set up sounds great...and zoomers is really nice as well, but they are exspensive...Im going with cut outs myself...How hard are they to install?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Lets say we are just interested in hp gain. Should we just go for e-cutouts, hi flow cats, cat backs, new exhaust, or some combination?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Lets say we are just interested in hp gain. Should we just go for e-cutouts, hi flow cats, cat backs, new exhaust, or some combination?
For hp gains, I think the e-cutouts are negative. That cutout closed disrupts the smooth flow causing the stock exhaust to suffer. Open they're too wide open. The exhaust has to be balanced.

Seems the hiflow cats with a balanced cat back are the way to go.

Personally, I just installed a set of ported stock srt8 exhaust manifolds and the difference is huge. I'm honestly surprised. The stock exhaust manifolds have a thick fat weld that restricts the flow. Grinded it down and its like installing headers.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I have highflow cats and a tune so maybe that's the difference of making Corsa louder.
Moose, MF hiflos or who else makes them for Cs? Doesn't seem that Corsa does. About how much were yours, if you don't mind? I haven't been able to find a price online for reference.

When I put my Corsa's on I dynod and got 8 HP gain. After that I put on my highflow cats and got 18 hp gain.
That was 18 more, in addition to the 8 the catback gave you - 26 between the two? I know yours is the SRT8, but it could give me a guideline for my 5.7.

They deserve the sleeker and more stealth exhaust to go with that blood line, and that's ONE of the reasons I chose and choose Corsa.
^^^
X2

·
Registered
371 Posts
So my question is who's got the best price on Corsa right now...best Im seeing is $1237.34 with free shipping, any of our vendors matching that one?

Jaybo

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Corsa if you want no drone, slight rumble at idle and cruise and under WOT to sound like a exotic car. SLP if you can take drone, want it loud all the time and for it to sound like a 70's muscle car.

Sound is personal and magnaflows sound like crap to me. Zoomers sound decent but are kind of expensive to not supply a x-pipe with the kit (have to use the stock x-pipe)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts