Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2013 300C Saturday and was wanting some tips on what the best exhaust/mufflers would be to put on my car. I like the deeper sound and not too raspy....quite during normal driving but once I get on it, you know I'm coming!

Thank You!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have a 300C. 5.7. I removed the mid mufflers and replaced them with a straight pipe, keeping the back heavy duty Mufflers in place or resonators whatever they are. It is slightly louder but not too loud sounds very good. Many exhaust clips on YouTube for you to check out. Start with that. Then you can always do more.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
The Magnaflow mufflers give that deeper sound without being raspy or too loud in the cabin when cruising.

When you get on it you can definitely hear them. Leave the rear resonators in place and replace the stock muffler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you by chance know what MagnaFlow part # they are....I was looking on their site and they have 3 to choose from.

Thank You!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you leave the rear resonators in place, and then put another set of mufflers in replacement of The mid pipe mufflers , the overall sound will not be much louder. I'm running straight pipes for my mid Muffler and stock resonators in back, and it is only moderately louder. The 300C has a lot of sound deadening in all of the mufflers and resonators, like I said start with straight pipes in the middle, and see how you like it. You may have to replace the rear resonators / mufflers if you want it louder

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did a lot of research on YouTube Sound clips. That's where I would start if I was you. Good luck with everything, congratulations on getting your 300 C

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Do you by chance know what MagnaFlow part # they are....I was looking on their site and they have 3 to choose from.

Thank You!
I used #13235 mufflers on my SRT8 but those are sized with 3" inlet/outlet pipe. I'd recommend a 2.25" to 2.50" for your 5.7L powered C.

I think the three you looked at may have different overall lengths. The rule of thumb is the shorter the muffler, the louder it is. Take a look at Magnaflow's website, plug in your car's info and select Performance Mufflers/XL mufflers and see what they have in 2.25 or 2.50 inch pipe sizes. The 4x9 oval case would be the best fit for your car.

You want a offset/offset inlet/outlet configuration that looks like this:

Here is what the 13235 mufflers with no resonators (I don't have MDS so no drone issues at all) sounded like on a dyno:

A few years ago I swapped out the stock pipes and Magnaflow mufflers for a Corsa catback system. It's a lot more expensive than two Magnaflow mufflers but I've always liked the Corsa sound so I gritted my teeth and shelled out the money. Heck, I even have a Corsa dB series muffler on the Cummins now. :D

Here's what that system sounds (cold start):

So take a look at Magnaflow website, listen to some more sound clips for different exhaust systems (Flowmaster, Borla, Gibson, Magnaflow, Corsa) and good luck with your decision.

Oh yeah...while I am posting vids I might as well put up one of the truck with it's Corsa... >:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hope to get the corsa setup by summers end!!

But, went the mid muffler delete route, liked it a lot wanted a deeper tone tho so I bought MagnaFlow 11236 Exhaust Muffler on Amazon and replaced the 2 back muffler/resonators and really like how it sounds. Thinking of increase my pipe diameter to 3 inch.

Trying to get some 6.1 headers and midpipes before I do that tho. Hard to find these days it seems.

These cars sound really great when you get rid off the restrictions they come with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts