Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
MKine lines up well, there is an issue with the left chrome tip not being on an equal axis as the right chrome tip. It is as if when they were weling it together the jig was off a few degress.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The tips won't and never will line up with the fascia with the current design.

It's a common problem with dual exhausts and requires very specific design and manufacturing controls to solve. Only the top tier suppliers and their customers worry about it enough to fix it.

You can solve it yourself by adding an additional hanger to each leg aft of the rear end with a small flex before it. Then the thermal cycling won't warp the tubes and the hangers can lock the tip in global position relative to the fascia.

Did you know the 300C exhaust can grow up to 25mm in length due to thermal expansion?

·
Registered
145 Posts
sure, I have already seen this exhaust in action and it performs awesome. It is on WD's Magnum already. I was at Magnaflow when they had it on the dyno. I'll be at the show tomorrow and I hope to show off the new exhaust and how well it sounds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m not talking couple mm, the passenger side tip sticks out beyond the bumper edge at least 1 cm to 1,5 cm.

passenger side

driver side

both

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the last picture with both tips your shadow looks like your avatar. Kinda spooky.

·
Registered
443 Posts
SRT800 said:
The tips won't and never will line up with the fascia with the current design.

It's a common problem with dual exhausts and requires very specific design and manufacturing controls to solve. Only the top tier suppliers and their customers worry about it enough to fix it.

You can solve it yourself by adding an additional hanger to each leg aft of the rear end with a small flex before it. Then the thermal cycling won't warp the tubes and the hangers can lock the tip in global position relative to the fascia.

Did you know the 300C exhaust can grow up to 25mm in length due to thermal expansion?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but mine line up exactly down to the millemeter ( just went out and measured to be sure ) I'm not saying it won't change over time, but for now they are in fact identicle. Wont' matter either way though since I'm doing the magnaflow system as well

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
they got mine right...

they don't stick out...
but they don't fill the cut out of the rear facia perfect...
but I am not complaining over that...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts