Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience with edashkit.com, they have some interesting honey and birdseye colors that are different from the walnuts. I am planning on a kit from NYC but am considering edash.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hey IIKings.
havent seen that yet. I'm just trying to find a few pieces that match the factory tortois shell. You see anything out there?

·
Registered
81 Posts
edashkit and tortois shell

kidcoastal -- I have ordered kit #CR3005G from edashkit.com. You order medium burl and during the order, specify the synthetic walnut burl wood (WBW). This is supposed to be close to the tortois shell in color according to NYCdashes.

IIKings-- I went with edash because their kit (being the same as NYCdashes, same kit number) cost $252.13 Vs $343.20 from NYC for the same kit. So far, edashkit has been very responsive. My kit is due to arrive next week. I will let you know how good a match I have.

Here's a sample of the WBW:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I have some samples on order, looking to go with some blonde woods to contrast the tortise, we'll see.

Kid, I have heard the same thing as VY, that WBW is very close to turtle, no personal experience.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
thanks vanilla and II kings.
II - I havent seen it yet, this is the first I've heard of it but I will do some reasearch. Youd think these companies would copy the tortoise shell huh?
I'll post what I find out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
05HemiC said:
my edash kit arrives today, real wood match..........I hope :rolleyes:

I'll post photos in the near future once it's installed

if it is a match for california wood, can you please specify which item number. thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
VanillaYilla said:
kidcoastal -- I have ordered kit #CR3005G from edashkit.com. You order medium burl and during the order, specify the synthetic walnut burl wood (WBW). This is supposed to be close to the tortois shell in color according to NYCdashes.

IIKings-- I went with edash because their kit (being the same as NYCdashes, same kit number) cost $252.13 Vs $343.20 from NYC for the same kit. So far, edashkit has been very responsive. My kit is due to arrive next week. I will let you know how good a match I have.

Here's a sample of the WBW:
talked to nyc dashes on phone and they told me it would be 477. if you order on net they would contact you aznd tell you price difference. this made no sence to me :eek:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$477 is crazy, I can get an LCD tv for my kitchen for those $$. I think I'll go with edash, also NYC gives discounts for forum members

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
cmego said:
So if edashkit, nycdashes, dashkitstore are all selling the identical kits, who MAKES it?
Darn good question. Come on gang who got them...any indication on packing list, instructions, etc.??

·
Registered
81 Posts
cmego said:
So if edashkit, nycdashes, dashkitstore are all selling the identical kits, who MAKES it?
I emailed edashkit about the status of my order. Here's what they said:

"It is finished...We allow them to sit for 48hrs after finishing so it will either ship 2morrow or Monday morning.

Thanks"

If you get on their website under "F.A.Q.", they talk about how they manufacture them: "...we make and manufacturer each and every trim kit by the highest quality standard."

I can't for sure say if they are supplying the other dash kit vendors, but I highly suspect so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts