Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to the differences between domestic and export 300Cs I wonder if any export members can tell me if the little chrome bump between the high and low HID headlights serves any function. It looks like it was designed to hold a bulb.

Also does anyone have a REAR fog light option and if so can you post a pic?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
dragon said:
Curious as to the differences between domestic and export 300Cs I wonder if any export members can tell me if the little chrome bump between the high and low HID headlights serves any function. It looks like it was designed to hold a bulb.

What is a 'rear' fog light option and what would it do??

·
Registered
331 Posts
jjs said:
What is a 'rear' fog light option and what would it do??
I have a 1976 Mercedes Benz (euro version) with a dark red light towards the drivers side under the rear bumper. It only comes on when you turn on the fog lights. Helps drivers following in the fog know you are there. A great safety item IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
lmhoward said:
I have a 1976 Mercedes Benz (euro version) with a dark red light towards the drivers side under the rear bumper. It only comes on when you turn on the fog lights. Helps drivers following in the fog know you are there. A great safety item IMO.
go figure....

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
dragon said:

In Australia we have a park light globe where you describe the "little chrome bump" to be. Our local regulations are for white parkers at the front. I have fitted Silver Stars in the front indicators and noticed that the globes were/are twin filament but obviously the wiring is rerouted to the other park light globe.

We also get the rear fog light too which is integrated into the tail light assembly. I haven't got out to take a look what it looks like but I will get a photo and post it in the next day or so.

·
Registered
49 Posts
dragon said:

All UK cars are required by law to have at least one rear high intensity fog light. In our 300 these are integrated into the rear light clusters and are activated by pressing the fog lamp switch a second time. I'll try and dig out a pic and post later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just returned from Europe (Germany & the UK) and still have one on my Audi A6 (2.7L Turbo) that had to be put on the car over there as it is the law!!! Gotta have it!!

These rear "fog lites" have also been called 'dazazlers' in the UK as they can be viscously blinding if you are following someone who has left theirs on --- and theres no fog/rain/etc... (which, incidently, can be a bit of a rarity!!)

Kinda reminds me of things Ive seen here in the States when folks drive with their fog lights on and theres no fog... not even a rain drop in sight!!

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
sundown said:
Kinda reminds me of things Ive seen here in the States when folks drive with their fog lights on and theres no fog... not even a rain drop in sight!!
Yeah, I know what you mean. They are nicknamed "look-at-me" lights here in Australia for those wankers :nutkick: who drive around all the time with them on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
All the European 300's come from Austrian Chrysler Factory, we get our own specs. For instance we don't get the base base model you have our base is the 300C. I just bought a CRD 300c, which has 3.0L Common Rail Diesel and automatic from MB. It has almost the same amount of torque as the all mighty Hemi!!! It's brilliant diesel engine and the transmission just makes it a blast to drive. Specs of the diesel:

0-62mph (100kmh): 7.6secs
Top speed: 149mph (239Kmh)

Does zillion miles to gallon with the diesel and over here the diesel is 1/3 the price of 91 octane petrol.

All the diesel sedans here come with leather power seats as standard.

18" wheels standard on all 300 models. 20" for the SRT8
HID's as standard.

If somebody claims that the 300C is bad car in snowy conditions that's because they have awful tires on them. The car I drove (i'm getting mine on 4th of Jan.) for few days had Finnish spec Nokia winter tires with studs. I had a 4x4 Passat before, no arguing 4wd is always the best choice for winter but the weight and trackwidth of this car makes it very staple thing to drive in the worst of conditions. I can start shipping right tires for those who have to drive in the snow in america, the winter tires you get over there are a joke really! ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
The rear fog lights we get as standard:

They do serve a purpose in bad foggy conditions but most of all they make the rear bumper look cluttered and ugly... ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hemi57 said:
In Australia we have a park light globe where you describe the "little chrome bump" to be. Our local regulations are for white parkers at the front. I have fitted Silver Stars in the front indicators and noticed that the globes were/are twin filament but obviously the wiring is rerouted to the other park light globe.

We also get the rear fog light too which is integrated into the tail light assembly. I haven't got out to take a look what it looks like but I will get a photo and post it in the next day or so.
On the American 300C we have "parking lights" they are amber lights on the upper part of the inboard high beam. Do your export 300s have these lights as well? Do you have 2 rear fog lights or just on the left rear? And is it a separate bulb or just a rear red tailight fed a higher current so that it burns brighter? I would like to add some of the export features but wonder if it means rewiring the car. Maybe, with luck, the wiring is in place and just wainting to plugged in.
I thinkyou guys get a rear middle seat head rest also.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Here are the photos of the rear showing the 2 fog lights. They are the bottom bright red light on both sides. Note too the amber indicators. Yes we get the 3rd headrest too.

Here is a front pic. Note the white indicator lights top centre.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hemi57 said:
Here are the photos of the rear showing the 2 fog lights. They are the bottom bright red light on both sides. Note too the amber indicators. Yes we get the 3rd headrest too.

Here is a front pic. Note the white indicator lights top centre.
So cool! Do you have amber lights on the upper part of your inboard high beam headlights that come on with the white indicator lights?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
dragon said:
So cool! Do you have amber lights on the upper part of your inboard high beam headlights that come on with the white indicator lights?
dragon, the amber lights in the same position you have them are indicators only. The picture has the parkers switched on if you look closely. I have fitted Silver Star globes to the indicators so it doesn't have that amber glow when the light is not illuminated.

BTW, I see you are member 215. Good to see some of the early members are still active. :wave:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hemi57 said:
dragon, the amber lights in the same position you have them are indicators only. The picture has the parkers switched on if you look closely. I have fitted Silver Star globes to the indicators so it doesn't have that amber glow when the light is not illuminated.

BTW, I see you are member 215. Good to see some of the early members are still active. :wave:
Still love my C and try to appear nonchalent when people stare and point at the car. And oh yes at traffic lights I see the sport luxury utility trucks ( what is the acronym?) eye the hemi badge and try to catch my attention while they rev and roar eager to launch. Just knowing I can beat them feels good. Like one member once said: " the feeling of wanting is stronger than the feeling of having"
BTW I was in "Mel Bun" 2 years ago in January---your summer. A beautiful city ---warm, sunny and Aussie friendly.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
LOL :biglaugh: nice effort on the "MEL BUN".

The old home town is a nice place to live. The greatest restaurants in the country (arguably the world), reasonable pace of life and the weather is not as bad as Sydneysiders will have you believe.

Aussies as a general rule are a friendly bunch :notworthy

·
Registered
150 Posts
groovyjay said:
All the European 300's come from Austrian Chrysler Factory, ...
mine was built in bramptonassembly.. :)

some other differences:

- no garage door opener remote control thingy. :eek:uch:
- european models come with cool "servo driven" auto leveling hid headlights. :smoker:
- but the most important: euro nav can be controlled while in motion :fing26: :) :) :)

in europe it's very difficult to find rims for the 300c, especially here in switzerland, we cannot put rims from overseas on it. I found a few rims in germany but the specs and laws over there are also different and I cannot use those here. so I'm still stuck with my stock rims :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts