Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is probably a frivolous question, but I just recently began to notice that my 2013 300C has those narrow trim pieces running horizontally along the middle of the doors painted same as body, while most 300s that I see on the road do not have them. The 2014 models on the Chrysler site--in build and price your own--do not show these, either. Is it a matter of which trim carries them (no pun intended). Can anyone shed light on which models/trims may have these and which don't? Does your 2013 have them? Personally, though they're very tasteful and understated I don't like them and wish my 300 didn't have them.

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
A lot of us have removed them, preferring the cleaner look. Base cars, at least Gen 1 base cars, did not have the trim.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I discovered these pics of my actual car at the dealership where I purchased it:

Valencia Buyers! 2013 Chrysler 300 in Valencia | Search all New 2013 Chrysler 300 300C for sale in Valencia

Clearly the trim was not factory as it is not present in these early pics of my car at the lot. I immediately contacted the dealership and was told the trim was added by the dealer as a "protection" accessory. I much prefer the clean look, sans the trim, as the car was originally built. I'm going to look into having them removed if it can be done safely and without harming the finish. It may be easy to remove them but I'm too afraid to do it myself. Would have a pro detailer do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are stuck on with 2 way tape, very easy to remove. Use some fishing line (or dental floss) to sneak behind the trim piece. Using a gentle sawwing motion, run the fishing line across tha back of the molding. This will separate the trim from the tape without scratching the paint. You can then remove any excess adhesive left on the paint with a product like goo gone or goof off... a little rubbing and elbow grease works every time.

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
Easy to remove is right! Heat, a little adhesive remover, some fishing line, maybe a 3M eraser and voila`, no trims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts