Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The outside pillar trim on both sides of the windshield is partially coming off. It is kind of dry and I would like to take it off, clean and pant it and fix them up.

I have read that these just snap on and off by hand. Does anyone know how they come off. Do you just pry up on them, slide it up or down left or right. . Since they are sort of dry I don't want to pull on them to hard if I don't know what direction and wind up breaking them. Can't believe they cost 170 a piece from what I can find so would like to fix up the ones I have.

I could not find any pictures of what the clips look like or examples of removing them.

UPDATE:
I was able to remove them. They pull straight up but is is not easy. There are 4 or 5 clips about 1 inch wide. The thin plastic edge that presses into the clip broke off on every one even though I was being ever so careful. I pulled the broken plastic parts out of the clips and glued them back to the molding. Super glue then a little JB weld on the inside edge for reinforcement. Painted them and as others have said it is easy to re-install. Just press them straight down back into the clips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought some refurbished replacements for these, but they didn’t come with any pre-installed adhesive. Did you find out anything about needing adhesive to re-install them and what type?

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 w/ a Hellcat Supercharger
98 Posts
I just bought some refurbished replacements for these, but they didn’t come with any pre-installed adhesive. Did you find out anything about needing adhesive to re-install them and what type?
There should not be any adhesive. It is just 5 or so pins in the backside that hold them in. OP ended up sticking his down because the clips broke. You can use a heat gun to prevent this, though with age sometimes there is not much that can be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts